Home, Diag Forum, About, Contact Us, FAQ

Any success stories? Even small wins

Website isn’t even that slick - multiple spelling and grammatical errors!

What this really shows too is how desperate we all are to help people we love get through these illnesses.

Our family’s current success story is based in medical and psychosocial treatment per evidence-based treatment guidelines here in the US. Things are going really well now, so much less distress for beloved family member, though I know there is no cure. Yet?

I consider myself a success story. My story is a very sad one, full of many years of suffering, but now the suffering turned into joy. I am willing to share what I have learned along the way, because I think that everyone deserves a new chance at life. That is why I am writing this post. There is life beyond schizo. Hard to notice it though through all the darkness we had to go through. Thank you for this opportunity!

@BlueSolarWater - At the beginning did you accept your illness? Is there any advice you can give to us with loved ones who do not have insight about thier illness?

Thank you!

How did you get through the darkness?

Hi DianeR and Hereandhere. Accept it for now. The way out is by actively searching for the way out, with all heart. The person needs to realize some things. Prayer is needed ! Also friends/family which will stay and help. Also accept with blessings and gratitude whatever shows up in your life, good or bad. Realize that there is nothing outside, only inside. Accept the medication because if you don’t there will be side effects. Expect that this is a temporary phase and that you will be sane again (this is a tough one).
If you have loved ones that have passed away go and pray there also. During each thought that scares you drink water. The more you drink the better. Remember toilet breaks. Wash feet and legs each morning and put any kind of oil(cooking, essential etc) at the wrists. If possible do this before starting your day. Accept with thanks any blessings anything new in your life, also be thankful for any part of you that is free from illness. Don’t start with all steps at once because you will stumble. Try to do the feet 1st, then add something new each 2-3 days. Also have compassion for people arround you and try to find love for them if you can.

@BlueSolarWater - Thank you very much. This is very helpful!

you’re welcome! While healing, stay alert for scam calls. Calls from unknown good people will not happen at this stage.