Back at hospital

Do you tell them he threatens to harm you?

I’ve read parents say that they exaggerate those threats plus mess up the house with overturned furniture before the authorities show up. I guess you didn’t have to do that.

They put my son on 2 involuntary holds for way less that what you’re dealing with. I’m beginning to feel very lucky that he came into contact with people who cared enough to send him to the hospital.

Someone posted on here about a hospital group that keeps people longer than most. They were complaining about it, of course - but it would also be an option to think about in your situation. I’ll see if I can find the post. The hospital my son went to belonged to that group, and they were nationwide.

And, at this hospital, they did 24 hour walk-in evaluations. If you could get him there, or get him transferred to one, maybe that would do the trick?

I’ve also been told that people usually go on those short 30-day holds (usually isn’t the full 30 days) a few times before they end up with the longer holds in the state hospitals where a lot of people stay 3 months or more.

*** This was the link. Maybe in your case, it would work to your advantage.

4 Likes