Being the subject of a delusion

He has only one prescription for the ativan and will not be able to get a refill so that will not last long. I didn’t realize they had medication for nightmares? That has been one of his main reasons for not taking anti-psychotic meds. They have given him bad nightmares. Anyway, thanks for responding to me. It helps to hear the other side when its not coming from my son. Take care. I hope things continue to go well for you.

I understand that meds have a lot of side effects, but then again, try living with someone who’s psychotic and thinks you’re the enemy. That also really sucks. If fact, studies have shown that the stress families of the mentally ill experience makes them live shorter lives. And when someone who’s mentally ill does assault someone, it’s more often their family members than anyone else. So it really does go both ways.

Neveragain, You know the whole problem with weight gain, and diabetes, it’s the newer atypicals that do that. If they work for you, you could try the older meds.

Some of those are a helluva lot worse actually lol.

@sacred. this is why i have searched out a good forum. my life is beginning to suffer because of this. i don’t blame him but i’m tired and i have watched several friends slowly go out of my life because of his delusions about me. i can’t have anyone over. i have one long time friend who has stood by my side through all of this, but he too is getting tired of watching the way my son treats me and how i react and we now meet outside of my home because it is easier and i can relax. sorry here i go again. thanks for listening to me vent.

DOes he want to get something like a graphic arts degree? Maybe make a comic about symptoms.

He could be the sarcastic sunday paper comic that’s up and coming…just like me.

Thanks for the smiles neveragain :-)). I needed that after coming home to a stressed out son yelling about all his problems. Thank you. Are you sure you shouldn’t be writing that comic? Lol

I actually can see someone like you doing a comic like me that’s just short and easy for every week. I’m making a comic about the first manned mission to mars and what they find on the red planet…it’s really rough right now but eventually I’d like to get out a first issue and use a computer program to ink and finish it.

If he’s not taking medications , well put it this way … If there were no medications, I would surly be in a hospital, dead, or living out in the wilderness somewhere, but I don’t want to deal with bears ,ticks and mosquitoes. and I don’t like being alone for too long. I’ll probably end up in a hospital in the end, which seems all to near.

Bad night again. I had to leave my house to obtain some peace of mind before I lost it. Once again accused of something that I do not do. I felt myself getting very defensive, so I took myself out of the situation. There is nothing like being told that you are hated and despised and you have no clue what you have done. He is stopping all of his therapy. He stopped his medications. I told him that he really needs to rethink the medication and have an honest talk with his doctor. He turned it on me and told me I didn’t care and then started accusing me of doing all these things that I don’t do! I understand that these delusions are very real to him, but they are severely damaging what relationship we have left. I don’t even want to be in my own home and since he won’t take our car and take himself out of the situation, I end up leaving. I am getting to my wits end. Thanks for listening. Sometimes it helps just to vent…

Tension eased between my son and I after I got him an apartment in an assisted living place with HUD for having a disability. I never thought I would be locking my bedroom door at night because I was afraid of my sweet, funny son. He’s having trouble keeping it clean but we are giving it a shot.

Given the age of your son, I would reconsider if it is best that he live with you while treating you this way. I will not have my son live with me with that kind of behavior going on. Which isn’t to say, just turn him out of your house. I actually have purchased a rental house and my son is renting from me. I know that isn’t possible for everyone, but there have to be limits on what you tolerate in your own home. We have definitely gone thru several living arrangements, including multiple group homes and facilities.

I would rather help my son keep a separate living space clean than suffer thru abusive treatment in my own home.

Unfortunately my son has no income. He was also denied for social security benefits twice, so until he can get some income coming in, there are not many alternatives. I have begun looking into how I can get him into a group home or facility. Thank you for your comments. They have given me hope.

I know it’s really hard, but try not to take his accusations personally. I hope you can help him get his own place, so that you can have some peace finally.