Can unmedicated sz follow rules

Thanks for the support :smiley: One of our initial questions after our son was diagnosed was “should we be letting him drive?” The psychiatrist answered, “Does he have tickets? No. Is he a safe driver? Yes. Has he caused accidents?” No. He said many people with scz are able to drive. Our son had been driving since he was 16, he has been fortunate that he has been able to continue to drive as his symptoms have worsened. I don’t know how long that will be possible.

What my son doesn’t seem to grasp is that after insurance, gas and maintenance, because he’s not allowed by his doctor to work more, he’s actually making very little a month. His working really is more of a life therapy - which is very important. I can’t blame his scz for him not understanding - SNAP can’t figure it out either. Every six months his SNAP information has to be renewed, I submit his working costs along with his income and they totally ignore the costs part. They reduce his SNAP, I appeal, it takes at least two months to process the appeal. I win the appeal and they increase his money back to where it was until the next renewal. Every single time. :dizzy: okay, mini SNAP rant over.

1 Like

What is SNAP? We took my sons car away because he ran out of gas several times and also ran red lights and stop signs.

1 Like

SNAP is the government food program- people used to call it food stamps.

My son’s doctor would say you definitely made the correct decision.