Caregiver assisted home-based cognitive remediation for individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia: A pilot study

3 Likes

Hmmmm, this article is a bit beyond my ability to easily assimilate. Does this mean there is some program I can do at home to help my daughter? I couldn’t find a link to suggested remedies.

1 Like

Full article for those interested.

https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.ajp.2019.03.010

1 Like

From what I read this was a study that was done on the subject that came up with favorable results and does not suggest that these programs are currently being used in the United States as a regular therapy. I did a search to see if I could find any and I could not find any -other than programs for people with either brain injuries or brain tumors but not specifically for people with schizophrenia. I did find a few books that might teach a caregiver ways to help the person they care for. I would not expect the answer to be just reading a book but I have always thought that information is power. Here is one book I found on the topic and there are several others.

3 Likes

However if they are seen to be helpful in other countries that increases the impetus to use them in the USA.

2 Likes

I hope it comes to the USA. It would be invaluable. Good information, thanks!

Why is it always up to the primary caregiver? How about community based support services that provide cognitive remediation?

3 Likes