Cronic sezophrenia to my husband age 39 years

Hi all,
I am new in this group, i want to inform that my husband is diagnosed chronic schizophrenia at the age of 36, he is working in company after that he terminated from company due to behavioral issue, like this it happens for 4-5 company, he is taking sulphitac medicine when he feels very severe problem, otherwise he is not taking medicine.
Please suggest that how we will give him medicine, he is not taking medicine. And when he taking sulphitac (amisulpride), he behaves very good, but he feels side effect so he stops and he is saying that i m fine, so please help to handle this situation.

sarita

Hi Sarita,

Have you read Dr Amador’s book “I’m Not Sick, I Don’t Need Help”? His book is a good place to start.

What have you tried in the past?

I did not read this book, from past I do not much. Looking the way forward how to solve this problem cos me n my family suffers alot.

1 Like

Two things that can work are bribery and ultimatums.

Bribes are easier - as long as you can provide the prize that motivates them.

Ultimatums are harder as you have to be willing to see them through.

Mishra, my heart truly goes out to you. There are some videos on this site and YouTube if you search “LEAP”. Many on this site know and understand the heart ache of trying to help someone who doesn’t know they are sick. God bless.