Delusional disorder

Jane57
My gf has always had delusional grandiose disorder. Which is just that.
As SLW stated
– he has a deal with some big corporations and has millions in the bank nikki has multiple bank accounts with exact total of $87 million usd
– he wrote a bunch of old sitcoms that replay on tv and they owe him residuals **nikki claims movies were made about her i.e. Taken Eyes Wide Shut and so on. **
– he can tell the future and predict when people will die **nikki already claims that certain people are dead and the ones we see are just robots duplicates. **
– he knows and talks to lots of famous people - he sees some around the neighborhood **this one is a daily occurrence Nicole Kidman Kate Hudson and a few more. **
– he’s invented something specific and they have one in the Vatican. **nikki didn’t invent anything but the Vatican holds her Birth Certificate and knows of her true identity and purpose. **
– he has lots of false memories about things he’s done, people he knows or has been in a relationship with **nikki is same just add traveled the world in private jets. She is also groomed to be High Priestess when time come. **

She actually has been on Abilify orally for 2 weeks now and first injection is tomorrow.

Stay strong

3 Likes

NikkiSam, thats tough on you . I often wonder how people cope when its a girlfriend/boyfriend , spouse etc as opposed to a son or daughter.

Those are similar it seems to slw .
My son things things were planned for him way back, he says there is a house for him , somewhere to live but he can’t go there till he can read minds.

He still thinks he is going to be abducted and lets just say assaulted by a bunch of men in a van.
Lots more, but those your GF has are very specific aren’t they.
My son is quite animated and argumentative, i just try now to remove myself from him when he is in this mood. He had his depot paliperidone y,day. He was in a mood and still is today.

You stay strong too.

2 Likes

It’s not easy. Have had my challenges. I am lucky that the police courts hospital all know her and I which makes it a lot easier cause she can not say I’m starving her or hitting her or keeping meds from her and of course keeping $87 million dollars away from her. her brother and mother don’t help her any longer. She is 30 and she had done a few things like steal from her mother jewelry cash etc. to feed a drug habit. I speak to them and keep them posted on her condition.
As the (sane) BF I don’t even know if I’m sane anymore or what it even looks like. My life has drastically changed the past 6 years. I do love her and in it for the long haul. I being a parent (children grown) can not imagine what parents go through with a child.

2 Likes

Hi slw My son has similar delusions. I am baffled to why he has these delusions and why people who have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and treated with antipsychotics have the similarities of delusions. From what I have researched is that there is not a lot known about delusions. I keep thinking they are caused by the antipsychotic medications but no one will confirm this. I just think it is so bizarre how similar the delusions are to others on the medication.

1 Like

My family member’s delusions were dramatically worse during the years prior to treatment with AP medications. Delusions are part of the illness, a positive symptom of psychosis.

2 Likes

Yes, and to be quite honest there seems to be similar themes. I try not to buy into their paranoia but you are right there are similar beliefs. Early on I have to admit, it made me question and wonder. Now, I guess I have come to believe that people are more alike than they are different and have similar fears.

1 Like

@jaxy Hi Jaxy, you might not hear back from @slw right away. Last we heard her son was on meds and she was seeing good results.

In regards to your concerns about anti-psychotics causing delusions, my son has never been medicated except for 3 days on Geodon. His paranoia delusions were in place long before those three days and have continued without him being on meds. Many of my son’s delusions are similar to other peoples’ delusions.

3 Likes

I actually have wondered this too, I think it’s probably normal to sometimes think that, my son will often say “ mum medication can’t change my thoughts”

What also I find fascinating is the similarity of speech, the themes for instance I had never heard of the illuminati, my son never mentioned them and I am not sure when he actually heard of them or how , but I’ve noticed here that others have mentioned this, and secret service, the masons etc.
I think we’re our I’ll relatives searching for something online and these things became what they focused on.

3 Likes

Our son can’t find things…normal things. He just doesn’t notice this stuff.
BUT…

Google it?
Reprogram a video game?

Both he can do.
The googling…
geesh…the things he can find!

Just one reason his computer is on a desk in the dining room connected to the kitchen.

The googling…the things he gets into.
It was so different when we were young.

A 14 yo should not know what a “furry” is.
Sheeesh…I wish I didn’t know now.

2 Likes