Don't listen to negative people

Don’t let people tell you that something is impossible. Nothing is impossible! No matter how difficult something seems, hold on to your perseverance and hope. Don’t let anyone kill that. Nothing would ever get accomplished in this world if people listened to those who said something was impossible.

I try and follow this advice, but my own brain argues these things and I can’t make it stop sometimes!

I usually never give up. I feel defeated.I don’t know what happened I don’t feel positive.I want to be positive.

Thank you for that.

I wear a ring that says “Nothing is impossible” to remind myself because I get a lot of negativity from others saying I should give up. When I get nervous or anxious from people saying negative things to me, I find myself turning that ring around on my finger. You just have to keep telling yourself to not give up.

I know it’s hard to stay positive, especially when everything seems to be falling apart around you. I know. I struggle with it every day. Letting yourself feel defeated makes you feel worse. If something kicks you down, pick yourself back up and keep fighting. Just because you fall down, it doesn’t mean it’s the end. You just get up and keep trying. You aren’t defeated if you keep trying.

Yesterday I got kicked hard by someone. I had asked her about coping techniques. Instead of answering, my relationship was made to be inferior because it was only two and a half years old and I was told that it would never work out. Why do others tell people such hopeless cruel things? I didn’t ask for an opinion on my relationship. I asked about coping techniques. What that person did was tell me to give up. It’s so annoying and frustrating. People don’t say that stuff if their loved one has cancer. They don’t say “You should give up on treatments because the odds say the person is going to die anyway.” No…They tell those people to stay strong and keep fighting. No one knows the future. You could be that slim odd who makes it through. You could beat all the odds against you. But you won’t know if you give up. So I can’t tolerate those people who tell you to give up. It’s better to die fighting than give up and live with regrets because you didn’t try hard enough.

I’ve felt like giving up a bit today. I was called stupid for my political beliefs on Facebook. The guy who did it was an idiot, but it still stung. I still shared my political articles and memes though. I didn’t let it get me down too much. I hope you feel better about your encounter.

You are a strong person and you will prevail. I know that it must be tough to deal with this illness on the outside as well. It is hard even though my medicine is working. I know one day it will end and I’ll be dealing with these symptoms on my own. This disease makes me more sensitive than I want to be.

Most people are products of society. They can’t be bothered to research anything. I was in a gifted psychology class and later one in college, and I still didn’t know 1/3 of the symptoms. My uncle also had it. I was blissfully ignorant of the warning signs (Sz turns off the part of your mental functioning that can recognize it).

I rambled. :smile:

Remember, you are not alone.

I’m sorry someone got you down today:( But it’s good that you didn’t let it ruin your day. There’s always people like that. Plus people get quite personal and aggressive over politics.

Thanks for the kind words :smile: I appreciate it.

All diseases are difficult to handle, especially when they cause problems in day to day life. I do agree that this one is extra tough. But you are strong too. Having a disease makes the person both stronger and more sensitive. Being sensitive is both a good thing and a bad thing:) You are making it each day and that’s all any of us can really do. Take each day as it comes and try to make it a good one. Some days are better than others but at least you tried. There’s always a chance for a better day tomorrow.

I took psychology in college too. Reading about it does not prepare you for actually experiencing it. The authors do not do justice in giving enough details. So I can quite understand you missing the early signs. Yeah I know about how it affects self-awareness of illness all too well:(

I hope you have a better day today :smile:

Is like my brother, worry anything you should don’t let him alone, get picnic but we need help our cash is draining