False Accusations

What do you do about your schizophrenic sibling who makes false accusations of sexual abuse against you, jeopardizing your career and reputation?

Hi John. I know that there are other folks here who have dealt with a sz loved one suffering that same delusion and there were false accusations leveled at themselves or other family members. I’d imagine firstly the best way to protect yourself would be to make it known to any authorities or other appropriate persons involved the facts of your siblings illness.
That’s such a tough one and it can be so damaging to relationships, especially with other family members or spouses. I really hope you’re able to find a positive way to work through it. I’m so sorry. Best of luck. Welcome here. Let us know how things go.

John,
I’m in similar situation with my 24 year old daughter. My wife of 37 years and son know this accusation is false but we don’t know how to approach daughter and so nobody has said anything in fear of triggering stress in her. We learn that delusions are “tightly held” and that you don’t change the delusional thought. What approach have you used or what advice have professionals suggested? Her first psychotic episode began 5 months ago. She is living with my son and his wife (which is tiring for them) because she won’t be around me. It affects being able to help her and all family plans. Any member suggestions appreciated.