How many of you have an unmedicated family member and what's happening today?

Yes it can and it is typically used with meds as a goal to lower and eventually eliminate the need for the meds. There are homeopathic doctors that use this method and that is what my intent was from the beginning was to see the doctor that specializes in this personally, but I couldn’t talk my daughter into going, so out of desperation I ordered the remedy that matched her symptoms. The clinic is www.resiliencenaturopathic.com and they specialize in mental health and people go there from all around the nation. It is $600 for the first visit and $125 a month after that. The program is two years long and then supposedly there is a cure, but not always. I personally do not care if there is a cure, although I would love it if it is so. I only know that my daughter is doing better every day and the only thing she is on is the homeopathic and after only one week she is driving and making calls and having company over. It is a miracle.
She has been in the hospital 5 times since the end of Feb. and symptoms were regular streaking, starving and walking around at all hours of the night. It is great to have my daughter back. I only hope that I can figure out a way to keep her on this since right now she has no idea she is on it.

2 Likes

Wow! That is an amazing change for you and your daughter. I am so happy for the both of you AnnieNorCal

1 Like

So happy to hear your daughter doing much better ! :blush: Thank you so much for all the info , I will look into it . All the best ,

Linda

1 Like

Please see my latest updates. I have her on stramonium 200C which is a homeopathic remedy (there are about 8+ choices for schizophrenia and that one matches her best. Selections are based on symptoms and not only the illness. It has been a week with just this homeopathic remedy and she is already helping around the house, inviting friends over, sleeping regularly and not doing any more psychotic things like streaking, starving, flushing money, jumping on the bed or speaking to spirits.
She doesn’t know that I am giving this to her as she doesn’t think she is ill and it doesn’t matter how many times she goes to the hospital, she thinks it is a misdiagnosis and people simply are afraid of her “religion”.

This link provided me with enough information to be able to make a decision on which remedy to use. I was initially going to take my daughter to the doctor but she refuses to go. There is a homeopathic clinic in SAn Diego that specializes in mental illness and helps patients go off the drug and onto just the homeopathic remedy and then eventually off of that too. Not always possible, but many do achieve this is what I am told. Www.resiliencenaturopathic.com is the website to find the clinic that works in this field and people go there from all over the country. I hope to be able to get guidance from the clinic since my daughter isn’t a patient there yet. So the tough approach did not work as she is so stubborn and would rather be homeless than accept the fact that she has an illness or even go to a doctor.
It is a miracle that she is so present in the moment and so cognitive, even her sense of humor is beginning to return and other personal character traits are also beginning to return too. My only problem now is how to keep giving her this medicine without her knowledge so that she doesn’t go backwards. Homeopathy is an energy medicine that come from the plant or source it is derived from and it is a small 1/8 inch little pellet that tastes like sugar. Homeopathy has been around for a very long time.
The method this clinic uses is to add the remedy to whatever is happening now and work toward reducing the meds and eventually go off the meds and only use the homeopathic remedy and then over a 2 year time period get off the remedy as well. Some people have to stay on the remedy for life, but at least there are not dangerous side effects like the ones the meds give.

1 Like

Please see my latest updates. I have her on stramonium 200C which is a homeopathic remedy (there are about 8+ choices for schizophrenia and that one matches her best. Selections are based on symptoms and not only the illness. It has been a week with just this homeopathic remedy and she is already helping around the house, inviting friends over, sleeping regularly and not doing any more psychotic things like streaking, starving, flushing money, jumping on the bed or speaking to spirits.
She doesn’t know that I am giving this to her as she doesn’t think she is ill and it doesn’t matter how many times she goes to the hospital, she thinks it is a misdiagnosis and people simply are afraid of her “religion”.

This link provided me with enough information to be able to make a decision on which remedy to use. I was initially going to take my daughter to the doctor but she refuses to go. There is a homeopathic clinic in SAn Diego that specializes in mental illness and helps patients go off the drug and onto just the homeopathic remedy and then eventually off of that too. Not always possible, but many do achieve this is what I am told. Www.resiliencenaturopathic.com is the website to find the clinic that works in this field and people go there from all over the country. I hope to be able to get guidance from the clinic since my daughter isn’t a patient there yet. So the tough approach did not work as she is so stubborn and would rather be homeless than accept the fact that she has an illness or even go to a doctor.
It is a miracle that she is so present in the moment and so cognitive, even her sense of humor is beginning to return and other personal character traits are also beginning to return too. My only problem now is how to keep giving her this medicine without her knowledge so that she doesn’t go backwards. Homeopathy is an energy medicine that come from the plant or source it is derived from and it is a small 1/8 inch little pellet that tastes like sugar. Homeopathy has been around for a very long time.
The method this clinic uses is to add the remedy to whatever is happening now and work toward reducing the meds and eventually go off the meds and only use the homeopathic remedy and then over a 2 year time period get off the remedy as well. Some people have to stay on the remedy for life, but at least there are not dangerous side effects like the ones the meds give.

1 Like

This is amazing! Like you, I put things in my son’s smoothies for months and hoped that as his thinking improved he would be willing to take the substances that I belive can help. I no longer make smoothies or make his food except for family meals but he does take a few of the things I think have helped him. As your daughter improves, perhaps she will have better insight. I hope you continue to see this great progress!

2 Likes

@Kellyshayne This is really an amazing story. I hope you are able to continue getting this in her system. Thank you for sharing the information!

1 Like

@Kellyshayne What I do now when he is reluctant to supplement, is tell him how these things help people with his symptoms and how they are helping him now. I tell him I don’t want him to have to go to the hospital so he needs to continue taking them or take his prescription meds but not do nothing. He gets tired of me reminding, explaining, etc. but I’m hoping it will sink in and he will take the reins himself one day.

1 Like

I would give my son meds without him knowing if it was possible.

The only thing that has worked consistently for my son is massive amounts of caffeine. He will be doing better on caffeine and then will decide it’s bad for him and refuses to drink any.

1 Like

Don’t give up on this CTO possibility. Things change and this illness in the individual often changes over time. If your son meets criteria there for involuntary hospitalization. I’m guessing doctor just didn’t get certification that the copy of form had been delivered (presuming that it was, in fact, delivered). That should not happen a second time!

Wow…the eye color change. Just noticed it this time around. His voice deepened (he said from yelling, but there was another quality than hoarseness) and his eyes…yes, they were dark blue. Can relate to the personality shift too. He is my sweetest most generous child when he is doing well. Odd, but loveable. He too has refused meds because of the side effects. He does have a better handle on his triggers, or at least did until lately. And it is a worry.

3 Likes

After many years of trying different meds and dealing with the side effects his “normal” life still fell apart.
When my son was medicated his symptoms were less noticeable, but he was not happy. Is it strange to think he can be happier without meds? IDK sometimes. Do I think meds can help? Yes. Do I think they will give us our children back? No. There is too much about the brain we don’t know and anti psych drugs are powerful. So I have settled for Is he safe? Is he eating well? And is he happy as he sees it? As for me, when he is suspicious of me (he is now) I keep my distance and let him initiate contact. It saddens my heart but I try to focus on the fact we do have good times and I get glimpses of the son I once had. I think good times imprints somewhere in his broken brain and he knows he is loved.

4 Likes

I would be scared to take some of this stuff. Did you research what this stuff is? Hyoscyamus nigar? Is a poisonous plant. Lachesis 200 is snake venom

There is not a single molecule of the substance in any remedy. Not a chance for poisoning at all. That is not how homeopathy works. It has been around for hundreds of years and it is only energy of the substance. Even the queen of England uses homeopathy. It is very popular in Europe and the middle east. It is a very safe style of medicine.

1 Like

Homeopathy does not use a single moleculeof the substance for any remedy. It is the energy only. Similar to a vaccine but Not using the dead portion of anything. It is very popular in many first world countries, especially Germany, Iran, England.
Anti psychotics are actually a poison and takes away 20 years off a person’s life that’s uses them. Anti psychotics cause diabetes, heart issues, and much more.

1 Like

Thank you @thereisalwayshope for posting your experience. I appreciate that, tremendously. You said it so very, very well (I feel those EXACT same words from beginning to end of your entire post).

My local NAMI leader, and some police who visited my home, suggested I play up “threats and dangers” to get her force medicated long term by order of the court system. There ARE many ways to present her behavior, to make it seem worse or better. But, as stated by a local police detective to me, she is NOT a danger to self or others and she has “learned what not to say or do” to avoid forced hospitalization. Three out of 4 forced hospitalizations did not “return her to herself”. Although the last one did, she didn’t notice ANY difference in herself, and wouldn’t pursue further treatment. BUT since her last hospitalization, she seems to be “happy” in her situation, settled into her “new” life, and I have settled into mine as her caregiver. My home is mostly calmer.

Thank you for stating what you did so succinctly. It does sadden my heart, but I do get glimpses of the daughter I once had, and she knows she is loved. She shines through sometimes: I had a beautiful experience with her last night of her own origination, and it was like a rainbow after a storm. They are happening more often now that we seem to be at peace with the reality of schizophrenia.

I hope you have more rainbows, too.

2 Likes

I do feel as though I am settling, and for the time being, it seems to be working. I too have learned that keeping my distance and letting him initiate contact is better for him at this time. When I made the decision to facilitate my son moving away it was the first decision that I felt was 100% the right decision.

Many parents before had written that their child could not live with them, I get it now, for some of us, that’s the situation. What tomorrow holds, I don’t know - not really sure about later on today:)

When I first heard that sometimes we have to “release them to their journey because its their journey” I thought that was pretty messed up considering their scz. The idea seemed like a quitting type attitude, but it is not. Sometimes, some of us do have to release them to their journey and wish them Godspeed. Some of them we can only hold close in our hearts.

3 Likes

After my son’s hospitalization last year, once he settled down some, he began to share. Sometimes I think we make the assumption mentally ill people are not bright, when in fact, they are very adapt at life skills; just perhaps not as we wish! He said it was shared knowledge how to get out quickly…what to say how to act and to comply with forced meds until the release. Perhaps not in crisis mode this would not work, but in reality crisis is intense and usually short. And most of our loved ones, do function with a range of acceptable but not optimal behavior- crisis not withstanding. What concerned me more was the push for insurance to release him with only a review of medical records at a office thousands of miles away. So once he learned the ropes and the documents reflected “correct” answers, and without the ability to private pay, he was discharged. And the record review is only as good as the documentation supplied. I work in the industry and know documentation is poorly done–in fact done to satisfy an industry standard set by the insurance companies. Where a face to face may just give enough clues to see there is more going on than presented. Sometimes body language is a bigger clue for me there is more going on behind the words, but if that is not documented, well what’s a mom to do.

Glad you are settling into the new life. And yes, I hope for some rainbows too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think releasing them to their journey is one of the hardest things to do for a parent. He was married with children when we realized the illness for what it was. (We were in denial the first few years). In a sense he had already been released, but at that point I wanted to take over because clearly his wife was not doing it right! But I couldn’t and didn’t cross that boundary. Since then there has been a divorce and I am more involved, but he does not live with me. Prior to his last downward part of this journey he began talking about moving back home one day. I love him dearly, but oh my word did that plan just scared the poop outta me. I know my husband would not deal well with him at all. We have enough of a struggle with Alzheimer mom. Son has since backed off, but who know what the future will bring.

I have been told that they can cause high blood sugar high cholesterol was never told they can cause heart problems. I am aware that people with schiz don’t live as long. But is that really due to antipsychotic medication or due to the fact that they don’t take care of themselves? 80 to 90 percent of them smoke and are often heavy smokers and they are a lot more likely to have a poor diet and not exercise.

1 Like