How to cope with guilt

(sorry in advance if there is any mistake. English is not my first language, but I really need to let it out)

Hi to everyone reading this.
My mother has been suffering from a religious form paranoid schizophrenia for 12 years now. She believes to be the reincarnation of Jesus and that the Apocalypse will come soon and kill thousands of people, also in our family. She doesn’t have any friend and spends her days looking up into those earthquake’s sites and reading the Bible.
My dad divorced from her as soon as he realized she was getting sick.
She has been forced to stay into a clinic for a week, 10 years ago, but after that she didn’t take any medication, and refused to see other doctors (she thinks they will kill her).
She is verbally abusive with everyone in my family, and says the most horrible things to me and my sister (we are now 22 and 20) but we got used to it.
The thing is that we have decided to move out and go living with out grandparents (who live just a few floors behind us, in the same house).
Is it a bad idea?
Do you think that she will, I don’t know, neglect herself and get even sicker that she is now?
And how can we cope with the sense of guilt, since we blamed our dad for leaving mom and now we are doing the same exact thing?

Thank you to anyone answering

3 Likes