I am a mother of five children that has one 22yrs old son thats diagnosed with schizophrenia. Help

@gyplin, glad to know things are getting better. @Carla, post when ever you can on this forum. @Comatose, glad you are doing well.

Thank you. Yesterday I made the strongest and biggest step of my life as a mother. I drove my son to the crisis centre admitting him in the mental facility to get back on meds. He did not know this was going to happen only knowing he had a Dr appt there. I was desperate to see my son safe and healed to get better. Although four out of my five children are adults and been out of my home having my son at home has caused tremendous stress on our family as well as on my last child daughter who live with us. I was very hurt yesterday to go forward admitting him but feel rested and complete now knowing I may have saved his life putting him in there. Hopefully after him being discharged from the facility he will now continue to take his meds daily and not smoke any marijuana.

Thank you.and your so right!

I’m glad your son is getting the help he needs and the chance to stabilize. Now is the time to find all the hiding places and rid your home of pot. Good luck… my parents were very diligent… but I was always trying to be sneaky.

I’m rooting for you…

This is getting odd…
As I’ve said… I am the oldest boy of 5. Kid’s 2, 3, and 4 are boys… the last child in my family is my kid sister… the only girl. I’m extremely lucky that she and I are very close friends as well as siblings.

Thanks. So if he was admitted 3 times and order from the courts will put him in this program? Because this is his third time. How do I go about helping to make this happen? AOT

Thank you. And yes I find great relief to interact with there sites.

Tell him to participate in this forum. He can have insight more than any other place

Pot exacerbates psychosis and medication takes away manhood

Well done. It’s worth setting the limits for him and being clear that it’s for his well being. But iit’s also good that he is cooperating with you. If he had refused to go in, they would not have admitted him, so at some level he does know he needs help. I agree he should be on this site if possible and I think you should stress every day that you want him to get better and you expect him to cooperate with all the people trying to help him get better. He has to make an effort too.