I am just so upset and terrified

SO this evening I took the dog for a walk, and not five minutes later my girls were having a full-out fight. The sz daughter calls me screaming, threatening self-harm, and then I hear tussling and cursing and crying. Whatever happened, my younger daughter’s wrist is hurt - she says her sister tried to close the door on her. I gave her Advil and ice and spoke to each girl separately about the incident.

My daughter may be asked by an adult what happened to her wrist when she goes to school tomorrow. They are mandated to call it into CPS. Then what happens? My sz daughter is 17 (18yo next month). Can they remove her?

CPS will interview both girls and you. Beyond that I wish I knew.

Could you be proactive and call the school? Let them know it was a sibling fight? This is not a CPS matter, but mandated reporting I have discovered knows no bounds…

Sibling fight and sometimes it is physical. Doesn’t make it right, but it is not abuse either. Hope you can defuse it before it takes on a life of its own.

3 Likes

I am so sorry the fight occurred. How did you handle the situation? I hope it came out OK.

It’s true: siblings fight and often it gets physical. I have 2 younger sisters, and we fought. My supposedly sane friend broke her sister’s finger while arguing over a ring.

I hope things resolved peacefully for you!

Well, no one called CPS. When we were at urgent care there was also a set of teenage twins there; one girl’s nose was broken when she and her sister were “horse playing”! I guess some things are normal, even with schizophrenia.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I’m glad it didn’t involve CPS. I wonder if teen boys are worse? Take care!