I dont know how to help my son. Help please!

Thank you very much.

You’re doing everything you can considering the circumstances. When he was at the hospital the day before his outburst did a Psychiatrist see him? If you have to wait for the doc appt next week than that’s all you can do at this point it sounds like. Do you have a counselor or family you can get help from in the meantime? Maybe you can contact the NAMI chapter in your area for ideas too? Good luck and try to hang in there Steph.

1 Like

What is NAMI? 151515

NAMI stands for National Association for Mental Illness. If you can do a search on the internet you should be able to get your local chapters phone number.

1 Like

My son is out of the juvenile detention center. He is home. He went to the Dr, he started some meds. He’s only been on them a couple days and I already see a huge difference.

5 Likes

I’m glad he’s doing better. Thank you for the update

1 Like

Great to hear he is home. You must feel much better!

1 Like

@Steph,
Good to hear your son is home and doing better. If I remember correctly, your son is still a minor. I hope you and your son can continue to get the help he needs. And I also hope he will cooperate with you and the doctor.
May God watch over us all, AnnieNorCal

My son begging in February show syntomas ,so hefuse take the medicine .he was study for nurse so he said no for the side effects .he was in Bellevue one week.and he not always take the medicine .I try to contact nami but the groups is so far the queens were we live.i felt alone and desperate .but your son in 17 try to change a mental hospital .look for terapy for you .if you live in NY my Dr is very good .I know your felt impotent .this I’ll affect all family so badly .I hope you found help.

1 Like