I'm so nervous that Clozapine won't work

What dose is he on? My son got up to 200 mg of clozapine in the hospital and is home now. Things are going better but some paranoia and voices that are bothersome are still here. He gets his blood taken on Monday to see what the level of clozapine looks like and then I guess we will go from there. Keeping my fingers crossed since there is some improvement but its not where I would like it to be yet.

He got up to 450, but now we are decreasing it and he is on 350. He has been stable for over 3 years. Yes they have to check his blood to make sure its therapeutic. So in the hospital they can increase the dose a lot faster 50 mg per day. So on day 5 he was on 250mg . I believe he left the hospital on 350mg but he was also on lithium( to increase his white blood count which did great) seroquel, respiredal depakote and Artane and Glucaphage(to help with the weight gain, he did gain 100 pounds but has since took that off). We worked with psychiatrist to get him off all but clozapine and lamictal( which is not weight gaining)it took time to see changes and we ste very fortunate he is living a normal life now. It truly was a miracle. Hard to find doctors outside of Medicaid to treat patients on this drug. I also had yo fightg to get him on it. Took 2 years

1 Like