Join Dr. Amador Online & Learn LEAP! May 28th

I AM NOT SICK, I Don’t Need Help!

Thursday, May 28th, 2020 @12:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time (US and Canada)

This session is for Family Caregivers and Professionals who want to help someone with serious mental Illness and anosognosia—the neurological symptom that leaves a person unable to understand s/he is ill, resulting in conflict, isolation and treatment refusal.

Participants will be introduced to LEAP® (Listen-Empathize-Agree-Partner), an evidence-based approach that teaches you how to create relationships that lead to treatment and recovery. Learning objectives include:

• Identify Anosognosia vs. “Denial”
  • Lower Anger, Resistance & Defensiveness
  • Re-establish Trust & Broken Relationships

This session will be limited in space, and will include Q&A.

Presenter
Xavier Amador, PhD, CEO and Co-Founder of the LEAP Foundation, is an internationally renowned clinical psychologist, forensic expert and author—including I AM NOT SICK, I Don’t Need Help! He has authored over 120 peer-reviewed scientific papers and worked on over 80 death penalty cases. His authoritative clinical research and books have been translated into 30 languages. He is also a family caregiver of two close relatives with schizophrenia and another with bipolar disorder.

Cost
Early Bird (ends May 15): $125.00
Regular: $150.00

• One registration per person please.
    LEAP Foundation is a small nonprofit and 100% of proceeds from this session are used to fulfill the organization’s mission.

We look forward to your participation!

QUESTIONS? Contact us at info@lfrp.org or (888) 801-5327 x100

• A recording of this session will not be available due to privacy issues and copyright restrictions.
  • Refund Policy: 100% refund for cancellations made 15 days or later from event. 50% refund for cancellations made within 8-14 days from event. No refunds for cancellations made within 7 days from event.
5 Likes

Interesting that Dr. Amador is a caregiver of relatives with SZ and bipolar disorder. I’ve had people say I must be misdiagnosed, because my brother has bipolar disorder.

Brings home the point of SZ being heritable, considering that his brother had SZ as well which makes three close relatives.

1 Like

I have relatives with SZ and BP. On different sides of my family! Or maybe the SZ came from my spouse’s side! In any event, while these are not communicable diseases, the statistics of the numbers of people with serious mental illness are like corona virus… staggering!

On this topic, I am 100% convinced that an approach using LEAP is truly wonderful in so many ways to help our loved ones.

1 Like