I AM NOT SICK, I Don’t Need Help!
Thursday, May 28th, 2020 @12:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time (US and Canada)
This session is for Family Caregivers and Professionals who want to help someone with serious mental Illness and anosognosia—the neurological symptom that leaves a person unable to understand s/he is ill, resulting in conflict, isolation and treatment refusal.
Participants will be introduced to LEAP® (Listen-Empathize-Agree-Partner), an evidence-based approach that teaches you how to create relationships that lead to treatment and recovery. Learning objectives include:
- Identify Anosognosia vs. “Denial”
- Lower Anger, Resistance & Defensiveness
- Re-establish Trust & Broken Relationships
This session will be limited in space, and will include Q&A.
Xavier Amador, PhD, CEO and Co-Founder of the LEAP Foundation, is an internationally renowned clinical psychologist, forensic expert and author—including I AM NOT SICK, I Don’t Need Help! He has authored over 120 peer-reviewed scientific papers and worked on over 80 death penalty cases. His authoritative clinical research and books have been translated into 30 languages. He is also a family caregiver of two close relatives with schizophrenia and another with bipolar disorder.
Early Bird (ends May 15): $125.00
- One registration per person please.
LEAP Foundation is a small nonprofit and 100% of proceeds from this session are used to fulfill the organization’s mission.
We look forward to your participation!
QUESTIONS? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 801-5327 x100
- A recording of this session will not be available due to privacy issues and copyright restrictions.
- Refund Policy: 100% refund for cancellations made 15 days or later from event. 50% refund for cancellations made within 8-14 days from event. No refunds for cancellations made within 7 days from event.