Looking for answers on effective treatments for Paranoid Personality Disorder PPD

paranoid personality disorder PPD is not the same as Paranoid Schizophrenia Mental illness.

Can someone shed some light on paranoid personality disorder PPD

Does anyone knows anyone with PPD and effective treatment for someone with paranoid personality disorder (PPD).

I think now more & more that paranoid personality disorder PPD Not Paranoid Schizophrenic.

The reason I am saying that because his behaviors are very similar to these:

Individuals with Paranoid Personality Disorder are generally difficult to get along with and often have problems with close relationships. Their excessive suspiciousness and hostility may be expressed in overt argumentativeness, in recurrent complaining, or by quiet, apparently hostile aloofness. Because they are hypervigilant for potential threats, they may act in a guarded, secretive, or devious manner and appear to be “cold” and lacking in tender feelings. Although they may appear to be objective, rational, and unemotional, they more often display a labile range of affect, with hostile, stubborn, and sarcastic expressions predominating. Their combative and suspicious nature may elicit a hostile response in others, which then serves to confirm their original expectations.

Because individuals with Paranoid Personality Disorder lack trust in others, they have an excessive need to be self-sufficient and a strong sense of autonomy. They also need to have a high degree of control over those around them. They are often rigid, critical of others, and unable to collaborate, and they have great difficulty accepting criticism.

Seems like the treatment is more based on
Treatment of paranoid personality disorder typically involves long-term psychotherapy.

it seems it will be hard to treat PPD with medication according to this post
Medication generally is not a major focus of treatment for PPD.

I meant to say above that I think that my son has a paranoid personality disorder PPD Not Paranoid Schizophrenic.

Some day,in the distant future, there’ll be an intelligent description of people with paranoia who don’t meet the criteria for paranoid schizophrenia.
I am diagnosed with paranoid PD but the description you posted doesn’t describe me at all.

Moved to Family.

Pixel.
(Wearing moderator hat)

They can both look very similar. A proper diagnoses should happen so that the best form of treatment can be sought.

I dont suffer from schizophrenia and I dont even know if I suffer with schizoaffective disorder, but I can quickly become paranoid and lots of time it is triggered by anxiety.

Paranoia is a symptom associated with lots of other disorders besides schizophrenia.

Many times psychiatrists will diagnose schizophrenia when chronic paranoia is involved - not always the case.

I would certainly agree about the anxiety-paranoia connection though I am not totally clear which comes first… There is definitely a link between my paranoia and social anxiety with one tending to feed off the other.
My pdoc did say that a lot of my anxiety is paranoia related.
Where I fall out with descriptions of non schizophrenic paranoiacs is in the negative picture of them as aggressive and confrontational and the failure to acknowledge the avoidant/fearful paranoiac.