Medication Cocktail

Thank you so much for your reply, this gives me hope. I am looking forward to meeting this new doctor on Feb 12th, I heard good things about him. You mentioned Abilify and Invega Sustenna, what was the dosages for these medications that worked for you?

1 Like

I was on the Invega Sustenna 234 mg’s …and on Abilify 30. (still am on the abilify) So, hope this helps. The first injection i was ever on was the Risperdal Shot. (every two weeks) …It was my sister who told me about Invega …how it was only a 1x a month injection. So, that began my journey to true healing.

Sometimes i can’t believe how far i’ve come. Its nothing short of a miracle.

Well…hope this helps.

God Bless

3 Likes

Awesome, I am happy for you. My son did well on Invega Sustenna 156 a month from 2014 -2015; he was back working and being a typical 20 something Year old but he stopped the injections because he was convinced he no longer needed medication. Well it took about 8 months to get him back on the injections and now he is at a higher dose and On more medication. The Trileptal is a mood stabilizer but I don’t see too much of a difference with this med and with Seroquel. He is med complaint now but each day I worry. I am looking forward to seeing the new psychiatrist, changes need to be made. Once again thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Not sure if you are aware. There is now a newer Invega. (its a 3 month) long lasting injection. I never tried it. But if i ever needed to go back on the injection?. That’s the one i’d go for.

Like your son. I didn’t know if my healing was the Invega or the abilify. So i asked to be taken off the invega. (I’m one of the lucky ones) I never relapsed. Its been 8 yrs ago…this Feb 25. That my mind cleared. Its been about 7 yrs now that i haven’t needed Invega.

Hope your son stays on the Invega. It will save him years of lost time. (and illness) . I just got lucky. My mind cleared. (and maintained) even after the injection wore off.

Hope you and your son are having a good day.

I am here if you need to chat.

ttyl

2 Likes

Treece29, hang on and don’t give up. Some days are just gonna feel like that but you will have better days you both will.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Seroquel. Had my son not being been hospitalized before his psychiatrist appointment, I would’ve asked for a higher dose so I am so grateful to read your post.

I’ll pray the new meds work.

Thanks for your kind words and support. I will post any new developments.

3 Likes

Hi B4nAfter ,
Are you on the abilify 30mg each day? My son is gradually going up from 15mg to 30, he’s on 20mg right now.
I’m so pleased at your improvements .

2 Likes

@Jane57 yes, I am on the 30 mg of Abilify. Its been a miracle drug. I am very happy with it. They recently placed me on Prozac for depression about 4 months ago. For some reason it takes months for me to feel the effects of most meds.

Its finally working now. (the Prozac) but for the longest time, i felt nothing. It was just a waiting game. My Doctor said (and he was right) it would take months to feel teh full effects.

I am also on Prasosin 2 mg. for PTSD. (another wonderful drug) Helps with night terrors. It just…calms my mind. Hope this helps!!!

God Bless.

4 Likes

If you ever need supports or an ear to bend. I’m here.

Take Care!!!

3 Likes

Update on my son, who is now 26-years-old. We had to change pdoc. He is no longer on Trileptal because it was interfering with the effectiveness of Invega Sustenna. He is now on Invega Sustenna 234mg monthly injection, Rexulti 3mg, and Lithium 1200mg. We will see if this cocktail works.

Have you seen a difference yet?

Not as agitated on the Lithium; his old personality was calm and cooperative. The Rexulti started this week, I see an increase in energy, which was not his problem lol. The Rexulti was added due to grandiose delusions , which he appears married to. We will see.