My son died of a heart attack

I’m sorry to hear that, make sure you get the medical records as doctors never check the QTC interval of the heart. Doctors are not checking ever and it’s a common issue while taking anypsychotics

2 Likes

Thanks @Shrimpramen12. I remember reading about this AP side effect, but had forgotten. I just bought a Kardia Mobile 6-lead device for my wife, per her cardiologist’s advice, who thought she might be having an AFib episode.

I see that the Kardia Mobile 6L is capable of measuring QTC: https://www.alivecor.com/press/press_release/new-fda-guidance-allows-use-of-kardiamobile-6l-to-measure-qtc-in-covid-19-patients/

I’m going to check out my son’s QTC with it.

I’m so sorry for your loss @Jeannet. This is a wakeup call for all of us. These APs are powerful drugs capable of doing great good, but not without serious risks.

2 Likes

Jeannet
I hope it’s not too late to tell you I’m sorry for your loss.

We’ve been struggling to stabilize our son who’s been so resistant to meds.

I can imagine that in spite the pain, the unpleasantness and discomfort you miss him and treasure the good moments. I consider your son’s age to be very young!!!
God knows his plans for each one of us.

May God grant you comfort!

3 Likes

I’m sorry. I’m not here often, but I am here today and seeing this is heartbreaking. My son just turned 35 and he lives at home with his dad. I ask my son often if he’s had a checkup which never gets resolved because we know how we have to ask questions after question of our loved one to get any information out of them, my son told me one day, No more questions! The medications are a two edged sword and while I know my son needs these meds, and he does take them, but still … we are supposed to protect our children and they trust us to care for them, so the ultimate blow would be dying too young, taking meds that may or may not help, but without them … we have no other treatment. I’m so sad you lost your son. And scared for mine.
I realize now I’m replying to the wrong person and now can’t figure it out. I’m sorry.
@Jeannet

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss.

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss as I understand grief all too well. I won’t go into details however my heart is still breaking 8yrs later. Try & get some counseling for yourself if you think it would be of some help. I spoke with my son very often, he never drove, had a drivers license & his life is a sad one. He does remain a gentle reminder of how truly important life is.

2 Likes