My son died of a heart attack

I have been a member of this community and wanted to share. My son was a sober alcoholic diagnosed at age 24 after graduating from college. He was doing really well med compliant and checking in with his as sponsor every day.
He was working in his field great reviews and happy. He had gained weight - he called himself fat and happy.
I don’t know what if any covid, his prescription drugs or recreational drugs played- tox results in 3 months.

11 Likes

Jeannet, I am so sorry to hear your son has died. You have worked so hard to help your son and had made such good progress - what a terrible shock. I am so very sorry. We are all here for you, hope

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was doing really well. You will be in my thoughts.

1 Like

I’m So sorry my heart goes out to you

1 Like

I’m so very sorry for your loss.

1 Like

I am so sorry for the passing of your son. I think that almost all of our loved ones are more vulnerable to some illnesses and to having a shortened life span just based on all that they have been through, medications, etc. Of course, medications are often needed to have any kind of meaningful recovery, and none of us knows what tomorrow will bring. Each day is a gift. So treasure the days that you did have, and for all of us, the days that we still have. Each day, especially in meaningful recovery/wellness, is a gift. My hope is for that for each of us.

3 Likes

I am so sorry, this is a very hard thing prayers for you to have comfort

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’ve just asked my son when his last blood work was. These drugs have awful metabolic effects.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss … just heartbreaking :broken_heart:

Oh how heartbreaking, especially at this time of the year. May you find comfort in the years you had with him and being there for him. “God is near the brokenhearted.” Hugs.

1 Like

I am trying to take comfort in the progress he had made. We had a code for his head score of 1-10- he had been at a 3. He said before these meds/ therapy/ sponsor he didn’t know this kind of peace was possible.
He lived in his own apartment messily. He loved his job- and was 3 credits short of his masters - with plans to take a class during early h dinner session this summer.
He was saving for a sofa and a new rug for his apartment and was regularly beating me in scrabble.
If he had been “off” maybe this wouldn’t be so hard cuz I could say he was finally at peace.
He had peace but advanced arterial schreosus the heart of a 65 year old in the body of a 33 year old.
He called me everyday when he was driving home from his job - we finished every call with love you- I want more time.

9 Likes

Jeannet, I have sent you a private message, let me know if you are able to view it. hope

My condolences…I hope you find comfort in your loss.

Sorry for your loss .

I am so glad that you have these good memories. I am so sorry for your loss.

Jeannet
I am so very sorry to hear this. I know you must be grieving terribly. You loved your son so much and cared for him through some terrible times
I hope that you are comforted by knowing that he was having some happy days and that he knew he was loved .
I know it takes a long time to feel better - I hope you can find things to do that distract you and/ or honor him.
Your words were helpful to me here on this forum.

:heart:

1 Like

So very sorry to hear this!

Dear Jeannet, I am so sorry for your loss.

Your son sounds like a wonderful man. I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs

So very very sorry for your loss. What a comfort to know his last years were ones of progress and happiness for him and you.
:heart: