My son's hygiene is getting so bad

And thank you for the great suggestions. I am going to ask him about using a shower filter. Thanks so much…

Good for you for drawing the line regarding medication - and I know how much it hurts to watch your son. My son has similar preferences about ‘natural’ things, tho it has decreased over time. I got him a water cooler to cut down on the expense of bottled water - I can now refill 3 gallon bottles for a fraction of the cost of buying the single serve bottles.

Some people in our forums here are saying that the supplement called “sarcosine” can help with this:

more info here:

You must have tried bribing him into taking a shower. Or have you?

I feel as though I’ve tried everything and it just pisses him off more. I’m starting to learn that the best way to get him to cooperate is by letting him come to decisions on his own, at least until I have more authority. Lately, I’ve been focusing on my own care and well being and I think he’s noticing. The focus isn’t always on him now, I’m finding a balance. I think I’ve nailed a pretty good therapist that he’s seeing weekly, so I’m happy about that.

Yes.

No.

But, if you don’t like the second answer, you can go back to trying that approach and see if it works… or not.

(Hint: Paranoid schizophrenics hate external authority.)

Disorganized ones, too. I’m the one who masterfully sabotages all team building exercises at work.

PIxel.

Careful. I might show up and join you.

“Neuro normal” here, but I still dislike team-building exercises!