No help for for my grandson

I am so sorry. More delays and still your grandson waits.

The reason I asked about his parents is because when my husband became the guardian for his parents, the judge wanted to know how everyone else felt about it. The siblings of his parents and his siblings all had to submit affadavits that they support my husband being the guardian.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the support. Iā€™m going to try and talk to his lawyer to see if he can help us. I hope so

1 Like

Or any lawyer that works in Family law. Good luck!

1 Like

Can you visit, call or email him in jail? Keeping contact with him is essential- he needs to know someone loves and supports him. Until you can establish guardianship, If he is willing, he can give written permission for you to have information about his care. That will help a lot. Also, keep after the system, the squeaky wheel gets the grease (I have found this to be true in all aspects of health care). Talk to his lawyer if you can, talk to the prosecutorā€™s office. Make a nuisance of yourself if you have to. Keep repeating your belief that he is a danger to others and himself, get as much documentation together as you can, and be patient. My son spent a year in jail with almost no treatment before we were able to get him into a hospital situation, and my ex is an attorney.

3 Likes

Wow that was a long time. I couldnā€™t imagine my grandson being in there a year. Yes I do write my grandson and always give him my phone no. and address in case he forgot it but he doesnā€™t return any letters. From what I gather from from his attorney is he is no longer able to have a conversation and he is worse since he got in there. Now we are just waiting on a bed which I hope is soon.

4 Likes

I hope he gets a bed really soon.

2 Likes

Susie, Praying there is a bed soon for your grandson. Hang in there.

1 Like

If he is threatening to kill people that is grounds to have him declared mentally incompetent by a judge. While he is inpatient I would request qn injectable medication. Its possible he will improve enough to realize he requires ongoing treatment.

1 Like