Home, Diag Forum, About, Contact Us, FAQ

No photo ID for him so how do we get him help he needs?

I let me son set out in the car and smoke while I waited in the lobby and went to get him when he was called back. I cannot imagine what you must be going through with those phobias added on. Hang in there and keep asking professionals for help. There is a big movement in online psychology face to face and that might be something to look into. CBT is something that might help him function better in the world. I wish you the best.

No. He wasn’t old enough to get a license by the time he started not leaving the house. Every day now he says he wants to go get his ID, then makes an excuse. We will just take it one day at a time. He wants a job. That won’t happen but his mom told him he needs and ID. Then he wanted to join the 24 hour gym and go at night when not many people are there. She told him he needs an ID. So maybe she’s wearing him down showing him he needs an ID to be able to do things he wants to try to do. We will keep trying. He wants control so she is putting it in terms of “he’s in control” so he needs to do what needs to be done to get things he wants done.

I’m not familiar with CBT but will try to find information on it. Thanks. My daughter does what you do at the dr office. They are ok with it. The lady at the desk sometimes just sends a text to let him know it’s time to come inside and go back. Too bad ER’s don’t do that.

I think the idea of a 24 hour gym is brilliant. Maybe it will motivate him to get an ID, which is ironic because the gym will likely give hm one when he joins!

Thank you so much,. That actually sounds like it might work. The gym is 24 hour and never crowded so it might just work. I’m calling my daughter now so she can call and find out information. This is actually exciting. The stress of this simple (or simple for others) issue has put both my daughter and I into therapy ourselves. Bless his heart, he’s the nicest guy and would grieve if he knew how stressful this has been for us. I appreciate you taking the time to help us.