Outside the box

Nope. Hollywood. (And worse: a Trojan. Hahahaha.)

Wow, I’m glad to see your son is at least willing to get help. Is there a “slow time” at your local ER? Maybe you can try going at 2:00 am or 3:00 am and the wait won’t be so long.

Maybe you can BOTH get on the phone at the same time. He can do most of the talking but you can coach him.

Therapy is better than nothing. I’ve been going to therapy off and on for thirty years. Sometimes I think it’s a waste of time but my therapist found my housing for me, took me to look for a job and took me out to coffee. So it wasn’t a total waste. Good luck bridgecomet.

**Thanks @77nick77
He doesnt want therapy. I think he just wants to be left alone. He actually talked to them before and said there was a waiting list of 6 months to see a pdoc!!!!!!! They told him to go to the ER. Once he gets moved, Im going to find a primary care doctor for him to give out meds-hopefully zyprexa injections…if we have to go to the ER again, I WILL take him at 2am! **

Yeah, I think we all just want to be left alone! I wish you both good luck.

About the dosage of Zyprexa: Try looking at a sight called crazy meds. Despite the name of the site it has a lot of accurate information in an easy to understand, irreverent style. My son takes Zyprexa now. He started at 5 mg. and it was raised by 5 mg. once a week.

I’m really late responding however for getting around the problem of trying to set up appointments etc, put them on speaker phone so that they can hear your son and your daughter are both there.