Son's first job interview in years!

I’m happy for you. Keep us posted.

Yikes… Full time! There’s always part-time jobs to fall back on.

My thoughts too. It was a 6 hour shift yesterday, seemed to go good. His boss seems to be easing him into it right now, he doesn’t work again until Saturday, then it’s only 4 hours. The boss looked over K’s work at end of shift, and complimented him. But K is worried about the next weekend when he will be on his own. I can tell it’s really making him anxious already. I reassured him that it will be fine, the work isn’t new to him. Any suggestions on how I can help him through this anxiety? Thanks for keeping up with this, I don’t know who needs the support more, me or him, lol.

It is a restaurant, right? Well, tell him it’s normal to be a little anxious or scared or worried in a new job. That might make him feel better. About all he can do is to do his best. I’ve worked in several restaurants, usually my first two or three weeks I am asking my co-workers all kinds of questions. Like where does stuff go, where to find something, how to do this. It bugs them a little, but they don’t show it and they don’t seem to mind too much. Tell him that bosses don’t always compliment everybody so he must have done a fine job and to feel good about that. Tell him if they wouldn’t have liked him when he first applied or if they didn’t have faith in him when he first applied than they wouldn’t have hired him. That might help. Tell him that new jobs take awhile to get used to and it takes awhile to get in the swing of things and get the routine down and that bosses understand this. They don’t expect him to know everything when he is still relatively new. My dad worked his whole life and in some very physically hard jobs. He did hard labor when he was younger in factories or construction jobs. He always told me, when I first started working at 17 that it takes about three months at a job to really know what a job is all about and to get used to it. Yeah, it’s perfectly normal to be scared. Tell him I said good luck.

Greati I live in Cleveland and if anyone’s interested in a comedian for a show let me know

The three month thing will probably do the trick for him. And he does feel like he should know everything. Lots of pressure he puts on himself. Great tips, thanks. And I’ll let him know you said good luck.

I give a comical first person perspective of schizophrenia