Symptoms appearing while on Invega Sustenna Injection

Not sure if Vayarin is covered by Medicaid or not, but it is covered under my Caremark Drug Plan.

Speaking of Medicaid, I’m probably going to start looking into this for son, since he will turn 26 in November and will be coming off my insurance. We are in the appeal process of Disability but still have not heard a word from them, no telling how much longer that will be.

Could you tell me the particulars about Medicaid i.e.; how difficult was the process getting your son on, how long did it take, disqualifying factors, etc?

Lovemyson,
My son is on SSI, medicaid came with SSI. I filed for him and he got it in 4 months. It wasn’t difficult to file becaus he truly is disabled, he got it in 4 months. My son was on my insurance, but I dropped him because of obamacare, my premiums doubled at work. Medicaid pays better on prescriptions without insurance. Let me know if you have any questions, be glad to help.

Also, medicaid is income based. If filing just medicaid, it will depend on household income. Keep rolling on the disability, he will get medicaid-ssi or medicare - ssdi. Let me know if I can help.

I looked at the cost and with discounts its is a reasonable prescription. Walgreens with membership is 16.00.

Hey @lovemyson - Glad things are looking up for your son,sounds like his doctor is on the ball.
Wishing you guys well

• Rob

Wow, Walgreens is cheaper than CVS on my Caremark Plan - our co-pay was $25. I’m going to check Walgreens out for next month’s supply!

I told you wrong, I was looking at a mood stabilizer cost. Vayarin is 54.00 with coupon only

1 Like

I guess no one is really using this group anymore? Mom looking for info on maintenance ECT… vs Invega shot… daughter has gained 100 lbs with it and it has changed her… lethargic, can’t focus, read etc… If anyone can lead me to another site people are using that would be great. Thanks

I was told by the manufacturer of invega that the injection is more effective than the pill form anyways. What ap works for someone may not work that well for somebody else unfortunately. Pdoc May eventually have to change meds for him.