This board is not helpful to me

Short posts with little to no useful or actionable information, don’t give people much to respond to.

Elicited little response, because most everyone with a boyfriend posting here has a similar story. If you open up and get more specific, you might get more support.

I have no idea who Jay is from this post, I assume your boyfriend given other posts. While sad to hear, you don’t give the forum a call to action here. When people blurt out personal information inappropriately at random without context or purpose, they tend to get ignored. Sorry. It’s what I might do if a bag lady blurted the same out on a street corner. I might even cross to the other side of the street.

As the not short nor particularly snide reply for this forum states, Abilify is a common medication for schizophrenia. It’s also common for schizoaffective and bipolar disorders, dementia and as an add-on for antidepressants. There are dozens if not hundreds or thousands of threads where this medication is discussed. I’ve participated in some of them. What you learn quickly is everyone’s experience is different. @GSSP’s wife had a particularly bad reaction to it, while others (my father included for dementia) have had more positive or neutral results. If you have a specific question ask away, but in this forum it’s a bit like asking “do any of you drink water and like breathing regularly? Or drink either Coke or Pepsi?” If you asked these questions of passerby’s on the street you shouldn’t be surprised that the reaction may muted or have an undertone of “well, duh.”

I believe you also posted your email address in the forum unsolicited which isn’t done here much. Some, myself included, are private about their situations and avoid personal disclosures or exchanges of email addresses. There’s a private messaging feature of the forum that’s a bit more private than exchanging email addresses or posting phone numbers on proverbial bathroom walls.

I’m sorry you didn’t get the reaction you’d like out of the forum. If you work on understanding conventions of how the forum operates, and ask meaningful questions rather than making non-sequitor statements, you may get better responses and more support.

Sorry to be blunt, but since you didn’t seem to understand why you got these reactions, I felt I had to spell it out. @GSSP is blunt and sometimes flippant, but he has a right to be. The reality is many people here need to toughen up if they want to be effective caregivers, and if not, whether they want to hear it or not, might be better off to heed his advice and run far far away.

9 Likes