Unsure of what to do!

Even hard times can have little moments of humor, at least I tend to see them lol

My son apologized last night. I think he was having a hard time justifying to one of his workers and other family members that breaking things etc was an acceptable way to act or react. The apology went something like this: I’m sorry I freaked out like that but I couldn’t control it and I didn’t think that I was going to get disrespected like that for being 15 minutes late for school… I heard him on the phone later complaining that if he had known that I was going to take the laptop then he would not have gone to school in the first place and stayed in bed all day so he would have only lost it for one day instead of the extra 5 days he is getting now for slamming doors, breaking things and swearing at me. I can’t say that I feel sorry for him as he has actually shown me that he is very much aware of the rules and what the consequences are for breaking them. Now I just have to find a way to teach him what disrespect really means as it is not being mad that things are not going your way.

Thanks @ Bubbles! I appreciate it!

A little update:
He asked me yesterday if he could “work off” some of the discipline days. I told him I was still too upset to discuss it yet and that I shouldn’t have to “pay him” for doing things that he should be doing. This morning I let him know that he is losing the laptop one day for slamming doors, one day for swearing at me, one day for the holes in his door plus the original day that started all this so 4 days total. Plus with my husbands help he has to fix the holes that he put in his door and today we need to clean up his room as there is still pieces of broken dishes on his floor. I can’t be more considerate then that as this type of behavior cannot be overlooked. He accepted it and went to school today. 8 months ago I doubt that he would have gone to school today but would have continued to push it.

It may have been a bad situation but I have happy with the resolution and I think my son is too so progress :sunny:

Sounds like major progress @BarbieBF!It’s good that he agrees with the things you’ve told him that he has to do.Patching up holes is a pain+maybe it will deter him next time.We had two really good days.Yesterday it was sunny+warmer(finally!).My son decided to go out in woods with his brother.He has always been a big outdoors person.It has been so hard to get him to go out this past year.The boys are excited+take off on their bikes.Several minutes later,my oldest son comes in to tell me his brother got freaked out,came in+went straight to his room.It appears that my son “saw” something that scared him half to death+hightailed it inside.He refused to discuss it and today has completely withdrawn again.I have been feeling so angry!Angry that he can’t enjoy being outside.Angry that I can’t help him.Angry that he must still be having hallucinations.I know anger is a step in the grief process+I am still grieving.It can be very hard to see progress+watch it slip away again.I really needed to vent! : )

Vent away. I don’t know what to say other then I can imagine how angry you must be feeling. I’m guessing part of that anger is sorrow on behalf of your son that this has robbed him of enjoying something he loves. Sending love.