Weird Anti-psychotic side effects

i have to learn to speak in a conversational manner

what do you say to someone who might need an intervention?

at what point do people get into a space where they can listen

my sister is uncommunicative

and any signs of concern, or encouragement nowadays she shuts down totally

Despite 10 months on a strong monthly injection, my daughter’s delusions have not ended. She is more quiet about talking of them, but they are still there. And no one had better challenge them to her either… as her strong reaction is quite swift as to her they are NOT delusions.

Honestly, I can say that she isn’t any more odd about her delusions right now than many others who have not suffered from severe mental illness. Many “sane” people believe strongly in things that others find strange.

I guess I’m hoping for a “quieting”. I believe with the intellectual disabilities she has her delusions are so random and change like the wind. Earlier today I was Mom and she was crying on my shoulder and of course I was confirming her. 2 minutes later, I was a girl from her old class whom she screamed, B!#@+. Then ten minutes later I’m me again with breast cancer. (Which I don’t have). It’s like she’s vocalizing what thoughts are spinning through her head. But at night, oh how I love when I go and tell her goodnight. She’s so loving and kind. (Still rambles) it’s my favorite time of the day because it feels like she’s just savoring the moment as much as I am.

2 Likes

@three I wish I had experience to add, but I do not. I hope you find your answers here. This group had been sometimes ‘bitterly honest’ and I love being able to read, vent but mostly connect with others whom are loving this daily as am I.

2 Likes

thanks Happee

It helps already with the isolation
People are really good here
I feel i have nothing to give though

1 Like

@three me too, me too! But believe it or not, we all give because we all have something in common. It’s a love/hate relationship. I hate dealing with this- but I love that through everyone here awareness is brought to do many aspects of mental illness.

1 Like

Thanks Happee,
I have a slightly different angle having had sz and also having sisters with it
if any of that can be of help i will try to give it.

1 Like

Risperidone: B got her first dose of Risperidone last night, CBD is down to 200mg. She woke up today in a rage. Cursing and screaming at the top of her lungs. She seemed to be disoriented and wanted no consoling. Then, she flipped into sobbing then back into anger. I am grateful because I wonder if she had her intellectual abilities in full function of she’d destroy something or try to fight with us. When she was coming off olanzapine she was very angry and was convinced she had "shoot guns’ in her wrists like Spider Man. Once she was off it completely those went away, I’m wondering if with all this twisted anger her made up guns will come back? Weird, weird, weird. BUT… No hiccups and no rash like the two days on Abilify. So we will follow through and see what happens. (I still like the CBD better, mood was much more pleasant) we’re hoping though the Rx will help with the delusions and the talking to herself and confusion so her moods will then just follow suit. The CBD seemed to help with moods and sleep. :thinking:

The rapidly shifting nature of her delusions is one of the things that made me think the issue might be a physical condition causing delirium rather than an underlying psychotic disorder. But I know very little about DD.

I am so sorry she is still so frightened. Such a hard thing for you both.

@Itsastruggle I know! But it seems that nobody is listening to me. Psychiatrist agrees, but medical side had their hands in the air like what do you want me to do? I asked GP about doing PET scan, she said there’s no reason indicating she needs one done. I’m so frustrated I can’t see straight. I feel like a broken record. I think if she didn’t have intellectual disabilities they’re be much quicker to do more diagnostic testing. I think they just think she’s the retarded girl with just more for her parents to deal with now. Sorry… Yes, I was venting!! Got to love our medical team. :heart:

This is absolutely the place to vent. You are trying to do so much with so little and with such high stakes. Vent away!

3 Likes

You might want to try the “autoimmune protocol” with her, but without the mammal meat. That should IMO cut down on her rage episodes, since those are most likely triggered by brain inflammation.

I can relate to brain inflammation causing anger, since when I eat junk food, my brain noticeably swells and my thoughts get angrier. My tolerance to bad food is growing by the day though, by consuming low ORP water to negate the oxidative stress. Brain’s actually healing.

Starchy foods are the inflammation culprit usually. Grains and root vegetables. But sweet potatoes are very hypoallergenic! They are an ideal filler food for someone with a very sensitive blood brain barrier.

1 Like

That’s interesting. This girl eats NO junk food at all. Once in a blue moon my husband will give her a bite of something dessert like. I thought she ate well before this, we haven’t eaten fast food in years, 2 years ago I went to her school, (angry about feeling undermined) because she weighed 197 pounds and at home I was really watching everything that went in her mouth, but at school she was eating cupcakes and cookies etc. So really for 2 years she’s been eating really clean. Now she does eat meat, but when her throwing up episodes first started we did vegetarian for around 3 months. She became sluggish and when I consulted with a nutritionist who leans towards natural cures, she said with her blood type she needs the meat proteins. As soon as we went back to eating a reasonable amount her sugar cravings stopped almost instantly. We do eat pork, but very little (once a month) but again, our pig. She eats meat 1x a day now since the slow digestion had been brought to our attention. Today I just got done making chicken bone broth ( had some legs and feet from our chicken processing day) we came about 12 pints. Brandy loves it and now with weather changing it’s wonderful for lunch. With all the anti-inflammatory crap she’s on I can’t imagine we’re dealing with inflammation. I’ve got some weird hypothesis going on in my head, I just need to process. Dietary she’s eating great. Supplement support should also aid in anti-inflammatory issues.
Hey wanted to share with you something I know first hand with alkaline water. My friends (who have been drinking alone water for 5 years) said prior to using it we’re popping Tums like candy, 3-4 times a day. After using alkaline water, they never use them. If you get a lot of heart burn sometimes this can be from gal bladder issues. Heartburn for me is the first signal to change something. I use the gallbladder flush for around 2 weeks and then have no problems for 6-12 months. It’s juice from 1/2 lemon, around 10-12 drops of Cayenne pepper (liquid) with around a teaspoon of real Maple syrup in around 1/2 glad of water. I do this first thing in the morning. I believe this also helps with leaky gut syndrome also. Thanks @naturallycured

1 Like

Glad to hear she’s eating better now.

Alkaline water cures GERD, that is true.

Also, thank you for the gallbladder flush advice, I will investigate that.

I guarantee that something is wrong with her blood brain barrier, as that is the main source of non-genetic mental illness.

There are many studies on how oxidative stress increases in the brain when the BBB is compromised.

Can I have a sample of what DD eats in a typical day?

Here is a study that shows neuroinflammation is triggered with blood brain barrier disruption:

Also there’s a neuroinflammatory biotype for schizophrenia:

There is a possibility of schizophrenia not being inflammation induced, but the angry episodes strongly suggest it. Calm, inflamed brains are not likely to be angry spontaneously.

@naturallycured
Breakfast: either steel cut organic oats with blue berries, berries or bananas etc. Sometimes just cinnamon and stevia.

Eggs (sometimes in an omelet w/o cheese) veggies, avacado, peppers, onions etc…

Lunch: salad (kale, lettuce, cabbage, cukes, tomatoes) with organic lemon/basil dressing OR apple cider ving. And olive oil.

Sometimes she’ll have leftovers (chicken, fish, steak etc) with salad or veggies-usually broccoli.

Sometimes I will grill up some broccoli, peppers and onions and serve it on “cauliflower rice”

Dinner: salad or a meat, veggie.

Snacks: dates, or berries with almond milk, or bananas.

*Now because of digestive crap, if she has a meat & veggie dinner I will opt for shake in the morning. I try and make it so she does not have two 'heavy meals in a row. So her alt meal is:
Dr. Axe bone broth powder, ancient grains collagen powder, super Greens powder, cacoa, frozen banana and either unsweetened almond milk or Cocoanut milk.

This is just a typical. No corn, no gluten and no processed sugars.

1 Like

@naturallycured this afternoon, cool as a cucumber. ?!? But still no connection to reality in any sense. She is so disconnected from us, she often touts that she is living in a group home?!? Don’t ask, she has NEVER been in a group home. Some of her school friends were in foster care and we just explained that maybe their mom and dad’s couldn’t care for them. Aren’t you glad we can care for you? Etc… She’ll tell need I’m random teachers, friends from the past, but when pressed I’m Mom (S-last name), not mom always says it like a first and last name (mom S*#$$).

1 Like

Give the alkaline water time to heal her blood brain barrier and gut lining. It is calming her down because it has a low ORP rating, that reduces the oxidative stress in her brain.

I’m going to test hydrogen infused water with an ORP meter, to see if it’s as effective or more effective than alkaline water at reducing oxidative stress. That’s better to drink since it won’t affect digestion.

I’ll be able to test in a full day for now, the ORP meter tip has to be oxidized in vinegar to measure negative ORP readings.

Hydrogen water can reduce TBARS by 43%! That is the biomarker for inflammation. That’s a huge drop!

Effectiveness of Hydrogen Rich Water on Antioxidant Status of Subjects with Potential Metabolic Syndrome—An Open Label Pilot Study - PMC is the study showing that.

Geodon he was paralyzed half his body cslled dystonia gave him benadryl and he was fine in seconds. Excessive nighttime drooling with Clozapine

That diet sounds really good except for the oats (avenin is an issue) and eggs ( high allergy likelihood.) I will test eating oats and eggs tomorrow morning to see if I react negatively, though.

I strongly suspect this negative ORP water is negating my food sensitivities.