Weird Anti-psychotic side effects

"Geodon he was paralyzed half his body’ . Whaaat??? That’s crazy.

@naturallycured remember though, eggs are farm raised, organic and 90% free range-coming to wonder if it really matters anyway… This morning-loud, cursing, crying, and pacing. You can’t talk over her at all-just letting her go. Hopefully by this afternoon she’ll calm down. Hey, here’s a question. I know everyone’s 'symptoms" are different. But her psychosis is so random in her rambling. From everything I’ve read delusions are usually pretty fixed and built on something. Her “talk” switches gears so quick. For instance, here’s what she’s saying right now, “Sponable"s kids are my themselves. Joyce Thomson did not love in a blue house. Carrie Goosemen…laughing, laughing… Who’s horses are inside? The Huff’s bought it house. The Neices” are dead at Kerr. I’m Lacy James. I’m B **** James. (Not her last name)" Nothing in what she saying is connected. ? Her normal before psychosis, even with her disability was NOTHING like this. She sang songs, a lot. She sometimes talked out loud, but not random. If you heard it you’d know what she was talking about. Also when she heads South in her moods her hands get cold as ice and she nervous sweats and you can smell her underarms. ???

1 Like

Respiridol update: I am not liking what I am seeing. This weekend was nothing short of terrible. B was either crying hysterically or cursing like a drunken sailor. Last night she was crying so hard she couldn’t go to sleep. (She’s usually in bed around 8-8:30ish) she finally, after much comforting and coaxing have it up and crashed around 10:30. 4:00 I woke up to her in the bath, wailing at the top of her lungs. Is this normal before we see positive affects? This is heart wrenching… And totally off from where we were. Her moods have been minute to minute, crying, angry then agitated…REPEAT. prior she was calm, with some agitation in five days calm is relatively noon existent. Thoughts?

1 Like

@Happee, I’m sorry to hear your daughter is reacting so badly to Risperidone, it did wonders for my son (without too many negative symptoms) for 3 years. Then he decided to go cold turkey because he “felt better and didn’t need them anymore” and that’s when all hell broke loose. Next thing they tried on him was Haldol (awful awful side effects, including non-stop pacing, the shakes, his face turning an orange color, inability to sleep or sit still, irritability etc.) They let him go like this for prox 2 weeks, before switching him to Invega monthly injection. Just awful again. But we all know meds affect everyone differently.

I don’t know much about CBD, hearing a lot of pros and cons about it, but it sure does sound like she was doing a lot better on CBD.

My son’s psychiatrist does NOT believe CBD would have any positive effects for anyone with sz. She advised against it, but she is a strong proponent of a healthy diet, along with the right AP. We try to adhere to that daily. And I have to say I’m very proud of my son because if we all go out to eat, he will always choose the healthiest for him, and always skips sodas, sweetened drinks including tea, and always opts for water. He will also skip desserts, (while everyone else is ordering dessert), because he has put some weight on with Zyprexa. He says he’s trying to curb that and he is doing well, but even if he didn’t eat for a week, I feel this med will still put weight on him. I just hope he doesn’t get to where he stops eating certain foods or stops eating altogether.

The reaction your daughter is experiencing is definitely a question for her doctor. Maybe continue for a few days or switch meds altogether? I do not know.

Please keep us posted.

1 Like

It was gut wrenching. That was indeed the best way to put it, gut wrenching. We did the CBD after 2nd AP, and figured it couldn’t get worse and if it did we could always go back. We really had no idea what to expect except the research we did and the Dr. in Washington State. We decided to try the APs after hearing some of the experiences on here. I really think we’re going back on it and we’ll just find the $ somehow. Last night and all morning today had been INTENSE. Husband gave her dose of CBD mid morning and about an hour later the crazy mood swings stopped and although she’s LOUD, she’s way calmer. I guess we’ll see, I’ll take loud over the crying and obscenity screaming any day. I try not to ‘advocate’ anything. It just shows how different our bodies are.

1 Like

Search on this Forum for the topic “How to respond to delusions”.

1 Like

For those who want to learn about dystonia: Dystonias Fact Sheet | National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke

Our experience with drooling on Clozapine is that it gradually got much better over a few months.

2 Likes

Dystonia is messed up…
And so is akathasia :frowning:

1 Like