What do to when there are signs of pyschosis?

Hi dear friends;

Recently my wife had a pyschosis, despite being on medication. I think it was because of stress. First she told me she is hearing voices again, but all was under control. To be honest, I had panic and I did nothing besides asking always “are you okay.” In the end, it turned into pyschosis: She started to talk about her obsessions and childhood traumas, she lost her awarness of being experiencing a pyschosis.

What do you think is best to do, when she shows first sighs, despite she is on her abiliy-long term matena? How we can avoid it to turn into a pyschosis?

I need to keep my stress low in order to function. If stress is unavoidable, it’s best to ask the dr for a prn med. that’s a med that’s taken as needed in addition to the regular treatment

2 Likes

Dear Zannah;
I am grateful to your comments which enriched my awareness… I will definetely ask prn med. By the way, as you may remember my case, I want to inform you with uptades: Finally I convinced my wife to take medication. So she asked something oral med. from doctor, and he prescribed loxapine 25 mg today. Her next abilify injection will be next week. So since she took the loxapine, she is sleeping. I know you are not a doctor, but I just wonder your idea. Do you think this oral med will be helpful until the next week, and do you think it is better to take it everyday untill the abilify injection?

2 Likes

I’d ask the drs office for their advice on whether she should take Loxapine everyday for the next week. But honestly, I don’t think it’ll cause any harm to take it everyday. But I’m neither a dr nor a pharmacist so my opinion doesn’t matter. I hope she’s better soon

1 Like

I completely understand and I dont want to charge you any kind of responsibility. Thank you so much for not hesitating to share your ideas. I will surely ask the doctor. I hope she will be better. Meanwhile, I am staying optimistic: we are about to overcome this attack without hospitalization, I hope. Hospitalisation may be good for some (I dont have any idea), but for my wife, hospitalization adds to her trauma…

again, thank you for giving your time to reply.

1 Like

I hate the hospital too. I’ve been there many times. But sometimes it’s necessary. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much Zannah!!

1 Like