She doesn't love me anymore?

Dear friends;

I really don’t know what can I do. My wife (we have 4 months baby), 2 days after hearing voices again, started to ask breaking up. In the first days; she was saying that she is in love with the President! (of our country). However soon after, it got little bit better; I have observed that she is not much depressed anymore but right now, while she seems okay; she still wants to separete with me.

By the way; after giving birth everything was okay untill she starts to work. She had some troubles hence her symptomes have started despite the treatment ( she is taking long term injection per month). For example, just 15 days after the last injection; she started to hear voices again.

I really wonder, does stress can decrease the effect of treatment? She is smoking also (not much actually). Do you think I should still stay with her? I am having a great difficulty. Sometimes I think that maybe it is better to break up and go on my way. What do you reccomend to me?

1 Like

I can’t tell you what to do, but stress can definitely worsen symptoms. There’s also postpartum depression as a possibility. Maybe suggest couples counseling and a visit to the psychiatrist

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your answer. Can I ask you something about professional help? Here as it seems to me, doctors care only prescribing medicines. I don’t really see that they are interested further than that. Therefore I wonder, what would be the best way of taking a professional help. Finding a psychiatrist who cares more? Or at the same time seeing a therapist?

1 Like

I would do both. And find a good psychiatrist. Honestly, meds are necessary for psychosis. But therapy can help too. It helps me a lot

2 Likes

CBT therapy is recommended for schizophrenia

1 Like

You are right. Thank you so much for your answers. I hope things will get better… After 15 days since the last injection of 400mg abilify, her symptomes started as I said, because of stress. And she seems little bit better, without any further treatment because doctor said that it is so early for another treatment. Do you think she can turn back into remisson, without having the next injection in one week? I am sorry maybe bothering with my questions, but I just really need some ideas…

She definitely needs to get her injection as soon as the dr says she should. Some people find they need the shot every 3 weeks instead of 4. I strongly encourage you to help her get that shot.

1 Like

You are so right… For example right now she started to question some topics that she is obssesed; like pedhophily etc. She has difficulty to talk, she is thinking so deep and ask for approval on what she thinks. I didnt really understand why doctor didnt see it necessary to have this shot today. I don’t know how can I convince her to take it. Do you have any idea? And she sometimes talk about leaving the flat, do you think I should let her to leave? She does not care the child anymore. Do you think if she pushes to leave, I should call the emergency?

My daughter is on the injections and they are also giving her an oral pill at the same time they think that they will have to increase her next shot. but till then they could try giving her the oral ability? Also? good luck and until she is level don’t take everything she says to heart. These meds can really mess people up.

2 Likes

The stress of being a new mother or father can be enormous, but you may want to find out from the doctor if it is safe to have her around the child she may be afraid right now of the thoughts she is having and trying to push the both of you away for your safety.

1 Like

I’m not sure how to convince her if the dr doesn’t see the importance. I’d take her to a different dr. Once you have a dr who agrees she needs it, if she adamantly refuses, you can take her to court to get her court ordered to take it. It won’t make her happy but once she’s on meds that help she should be able to look back and see why you had to do that. It is a gamble on how she’ll respond but meds are so vital to people experiencing psychosis

2 Likes

This is another possibility, thank you so much for making me aware of this. And as you said, it is a great stress that we are facing right now…

I think you are right. In the worst case I will definitely do as you said. It is better to avoid her to harm herself.

1 Like

I think that possibly the fact that she just had a baby might have something to do with her going into psychosis despite the medication she is on. There is such a thing as postpartum psychosis. I know that people with a history of depression are having an increased risk for postpartum depression compared to other new parents. So it would make sense that her risk for psychosis might be increased because she recently gave birth. Please make sure you are keeping on eye on her when she is with the baby. Not to scare you, but there was a lady in my town a few years back in my town who developed postpartum psychosis and killed herself and her two young children.
There is also a medication some women take to increase their milk production, metoclopramide, that can contribute to this happening to a new mother.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your comment… I think you are right, it is birth related stress. And I will be always careful about what you said.

I’m really sorry that you’re going through this. These are symptoms of psychosis. My wife has also displayed similar delusions. Please let the doctor know that she’s experiencing them. Others here have adviced another psychiatrist and oral Abilify in addition to the injections, I would concur. Please stay strong, this would subside. Do not leave her unattended and do not believe the things she says right now. Take care of the baby and involve anyone and everyone you can trust in this situation, you would need help.

1 Like