What Food to avoid?

As a Father and care parents , I am always be careful what kids are eating, for my Diagnosed Son, always worry about what to feed him or what not as I have some feeling that FOOD played a good factor in this disease, I experienced that what ever eats Ice cream he got in his own world and talking to his people, so I am assuming SUCRE is No to go for him, is that right? And what about Cocoa cola and Other drinks like caffeine and sugar drinks? Your input help a lot … Let list all FOOD to avoid based on your experience

And the most important when my Son got very Hungry , he is very agitated, aggressive and starts his episodes!!! Anyone like him?

3 Likes

Where my daughter is staying at right now, she has weekend visits at home and they say absolutely no caffeine, and of course she says caffeine does not bother her so I put it to the test and it seems to mess up here sleep cycle and makes her agitated sometimes. So we stick to no caffeine. She doesn’t seem to crave sweets much which is good. So where she is staying she gets breakfast not large but comfortable, snack which is usually 2 , 4oz juices. Then lunch which is usually the largest meal of the day (not to large). dinner then one last snack at 7 pm and they keep it that way everyday always at the same time. Everything is homemade even if they do pizza or lasagna, And of course the incorporate fruits and veg. also at the meals. I would also like to hear what people are doing at home for food, I know a lot at the caregivers have done extensive research on the subject.

2 Likes

Both of my children are like me and get irritated when their blood sugar is low. Proteins last longer in the blood stream, I try to make sure my snacks and meals have a protein.

Caffeine has the opposite affect for my son. He does much better when he is on caffeine, which is not unusual. The pharmaceutical world has tried to make a scz med based on caffeine but has not been successful in getting a formula that can last 12 hours.

4 Likes

Hello again, just found out that Protein Bars make him quickly into an episode, we went for Walmart and he bought one bar, as soon as he eats it, he started throwing middle finger with F words around…

2 Likes

Hi, I wonder if my sons bad eating played a role, as a kid he refused to drink milk, eat meats, he would jut want cinnamon rolls for breakfast and pasta with butter for dinner.
I read magnesium is important and tried to give him suppliments but he refuses, and iodine.
I also read a new study from March 21, from North chapel university, about "cat scratch fever’, possibly being a role in the diseace…google it…
I wonder about red food dye…soda…sugar…

1 Like

maherc, maybe its all the preservatives in the proteins bars. Maybe try making your own, if you have the time. Or google preservatives and SZ???

1 Like

Nutrition plays an important role in overall health, including brain health. Consider a chewable multi-vitamin (not gummy).
There are fizzy water drinks that are flavored which you could try, some are better quality than others.
San Pellegrino is good, if you can afford it. There have been studies rating the products from different manufacturers.
Regular small healthy meals is a good idea.
Eggs, Greek yogurt, Gouda cheese.
Broccoli is a very healthy vegetable.
Fish like salmon,trout, tuna and sardines – healthy Omega 3.
Best wishes to you and your family.

3 Likes

The general rule is to avoid stimulants. Sugar and caffeine are the main culprits for us. Protein, low GI foods should be preferred.

2 Likes