When mental illness enters the family | Dr. Lloyd Sederer (Video)

What do people think of this video?

3 Likes

I only watched the first 6 minutes or so, but unless there was a surprise during the end, it was very good practical advice.

1 Like

Yes, I liked that #1 was get some support for yourself and #2 was don’t fight with them - nice to offer to people who have a freshly diagnosed family member some basic advice besides get yourself to the next Family to Family class. Unfortunately, there isn’t a class starting up each week that is readily available.

People will have to watch to find out 3 & 4 …

1 Like

I think it was very good advice and a great reminder of the leverage we have. I liked the video and the reminders it offered, especially about raising voices and not giving up hope. Thank you for sharing this.

1 Like

Excellent advice! Thanks for sharing.

This was excellent! Mental illness affects mood, behavior and thinking. The problems persist for weeks months and years. I think it is true they do not get better on their own due to lack of personal insight. I have now understood dealing with mental illness is more like a marathon than a sprint. I am now keeping a journal to advocate for my son, and am not ignoring or fighting with him. So much in this short video that was informative. Thank you very much, I am grateful and took a lot of notes!.

1 Like