When to go to hospital

The fact that he is happy with the voices is not cause for concern. I was like that for about 2 years, happily getting on with the voices…I used to talk out loud to them too…I actually look back on that period of my life with a certain fondness…trust me, its a good thing to get on with the voices.

Thanks Karl, for giving us a different perspective, and reminding us that not everything is a problem to be solved.

I would still be concerned if the young man is so involved with the voices that it is seriously impacting his ability to take care of himself or interact with people in his life.

When I have trouble making a decision-I go with my gut. You are a caregiver to those with health issues professionally-that means you have collected a long and varied history of information about people and health related issues-that’s all there in your subconscious, which is calculating and assessing behind the scenes even as you struggle with a whole slew of emotions and thoughts related to the fact that this is your son. What does your gut say-can you identify what it’s telling you?

The concern is he can’t keep my 77 year old mother up while he talks to voices. I have to work. I wish I did not have to work. He may have to go to a group home.

We went to doctor. She gave more mil of medicine. He keeps talking to voices. I don’t like what he says. She wants to do this from home I hope he don’t hurt mother I have to go back to work

if he’s open to going to hospital then you don’t have a problem. He sick enough to be admitted. The problem is if he doesn’t want to go, then of course you have to prove him a danger to self or others. Will he go to emergency room or do they have Crisis team there? Every corner is a problem in the treatment. Outpatient dr’s that leave them home sick, won’t admit anymore. I don’t know how anyone gets well.