Where are you from?

One thing I love about this group is that we have people from all over the world. I know there is someone from Canada, the UK, Bulgaria, and Australia, but I’m sure there are other countries represented.

I would like to know where you others might be from. Although we are linked together by the issues of caring for a loved one with SZ, its just amazing that our loved ones’ “issues” are so similar. Where ever you are, take care and be blessed!

Jacksonville, Florida USA :palm_tree: :us:

1 Like

UK , great British lockdown country :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @hereandnow !! :rofl:

Myrtle Beach, SC -which seems to be the worst place in the country for mental health services.

1 Like

I thought Florida was - Our Governor asked for a grand jury to look into the mental health problem in Florida and he’s trying to take steps to improve the availability of services: https://flaglerlive.com/159532/grand-jury-rips-floridas-mental-health-system-citing-deficiencies-in-funding-leadership-and-services/

Basically the grand jury called it “a mess”. :palm_tree:

1 Like

Originally from the u.k London and now living in Boca Raton Florida , keep well :hugs:

1 Like

Main line outside philadelphia

1 Like

Cool. I’m from Palm Coast, fl

1 Like

Belgium, Antwerp city but we are Greeks that moved here 7 years ago and although we mis home I thank god we did it because as it turned out later we really need a good health care system for our daughter.

1 Like

I’m from Norway. Joined after my son was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia last year. He spent the last week of 2019 and the first 3 months of 2020 in hospital, after a very sudden and dramatic psychotic break. He has been very lucky and received good help, and now he is pretty much back to his old self. He hasn’t had any positive symptoms since last June, and the only thing he’s struggling a bit with now is being tired a lot and trying to lose some of the weight he gained from the first medications he was on. I haven’t posted here before, but I have learned a lot by reading other people’s posts and it has been a huge support to know we’re not alone, even though I wish nobody would have to go through this. Thank you so much to everyone here.

5 Likes

Its encouraging to hear that your son is doing well on his current meds and hopefully he will get past being tired. I’d give anything to have my son back to his old self but I’m afraid his head injuries may prevent that. Thank you for being a part of this group! :palm_tree:

3 Likes

Jarrow UK. Would like to connect with anyone on this group

3 Likes

@Gemmarie Welcome to the group!