Your Brain Hallucinates Your Conscious Reality - YouTube

My son watches all kinds of things, but lately, it’s been a lot of stuff about psychic stuff, astral projection, etc.

This one was on today & I missed the beginning, but it started to catch my attention near the end when he started talking about how it could relate to hallucinations & open up some new areas to consider for psychiatry.

I thought it was interesting, so I thought I’d share.

4 Likes

Sees like a pretty well-trained individual (the speaker):

1 Like

Thank you for posting. Really interesting.

1 Like

I still need to go back & watch the beginning, but I really liked when they superimposed images of dogs (I think) over people and talked about how an over-active brain on drugs or in psychosis would do things like that.

It really helped me understand how hallucinations might happen, and how people hallucinating might not realize that’s what is happening. I know this is a true brain disease that’s physical/organic in nature, but it definitely reinforced that point.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the talk. In my family we have been talking about delusions and hallucinations as possibly related to waking dream state… This video makes me interested in finding related TED talks. Thanks

1 Like