Caregiver Opportunity: Advisory Board on Negative Symptoms and Cognitive Impairment Associated with Schizophrenia

Hi all,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Emilio Amador, and I am writing you from VOZ Advisors, a patient engagement and advocacy relations firm specializing in helping pharmaceutical and biotech companies bring patient perspectives into the drug development process.

We are currently working with a global pharmaceutical company investigating a potential treatment for the negative and cognitive symptoms associated with schizophrenia. To deepen its understanding of the impact of negative and cognitive symptoms, on people living with schizophrenia and their care partners, the company is planning an advisory board meeting with care partners and professional caregivers this March. VOZ is supporting the company in identifying care partners who are interested in sharing their perspectives during the meeting.

Given your connection to the schizophrenia community, I’d love to learn more about your perspective and share some information about our project. Below I am including my email address. I’d also be happy to send additional information about the meeting. My email is [eamador@vozadvisors.com]

I’ve included a bit of information about VOZ Advisors below, for your background. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Emilio

VOZ Advisors has been working with stakeholders and patient advocacy organizations for over 20 years to integrate their perspectives and voice throughout the drug development continuum for biotech and pharmaceutical companies. We’ve worked in a broad range of therapeutic areas including cardiovascular disease, hematology, infectious disease, chronic disease, oncology, and rare disease. Should you be interested in reading about our current clients and case studies, please visit our website: www.VOZAdvisors.com

2 Likes

I clicked on the link, and the website requires that you log in which of course I have no log in information and I did not see any “contact us” icon. Sounds interesting though and I might be interested in contributing.

2 Likes

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for your interest! As mentioned in my post, my firm is helping a global pharma company bring caregivers and care partners together for an advisory board. We are looking for caregivers for people with schizophrenia who would be interested in sharing their experiences. Would you be able to set up an introductory call this week to further discuss this opportunity? If so, please email me at eamador@vozadvisors.com and we can find a time to talk!

-Emilio

2 Likes

This board was quite a learning experience. I met some wonderful people: other caregivers as well as pharmaceutical company researchers who have very big hearts and great minds.

It is a limited type of caregiver who has a loved one with symptoms well controlled but still experiencing negative symptoms that are holding them back from real recovery. I had no idea there are so many types of clinical trials going on for potential new drugs for schizophrenia. (See clinicaltrials.gov) This gives me hope, great hope, that someday this horrible disease will be solved.

The route to new medicines is sooooo long, and soooo expensive, but there are 1,244 trials listed on the clinicaltrials website just for schizophrenia: some completed, some just starting. Companies out there are spending millions of dollars to try and discover new medicine for our loved ones, right now.

I was humbled and grateful to learn so much.

2 Likes