Beyond the Glass Ceiling - LEAP Institute

Published on Jul 25, 2013
Dr. Amador talks about the difference between negative and positive symptoms in schizophrenia, and how being aware of, and treating, negative symptoms can give people with schizophrenia a better quality of life, can help them rise beyond the “glass ceiling” where patients often stall in their struggle to regain normal lives.

Never heard glass ceiling used in this way. I think I might have hit mine.

Hopefully having my own space soon will help open my mind up to playing video games or watching movies.

I’m stuck in the trap of rumination. Running out of cards to play. Don’t know what to do. Can’t change who I am and the symptoms just tear me apart for it.

1 Like

I need to find someone who knows how to deal with a person who wont stay on meds. A health team? I dont even know what that is.
@SoitGoes what does your doctor say?

1 Like

You need to focus on the next chapter of your life. Get a job, get married…

Yeah like it’s that easy.

1 Like

What???
Find another doctor Bryan!

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna start looking next month. Gotta get insurance figures out first.

1 Like

I think it’s a great concept. However it’s not something that is easily obtained for lots of reasons. Being aware of other forms of treatment like talk therapy, CBT etc and being able to take advantage of them are two different things. The medications to treat negative symptoms are still in their infancy so getting beyond the glass ceiling when we don’t have the same access to treatment for negative as positive…

2 Likes

Maybe that’s not possible , or safe :slight_smile: maybe if we just push that ceiling higher and higher. that could be enough.

1 Like

SoitGoes - are you going to be able to fix up/set up your own place to suit yourself? That can be very satisfying, and a good creative outlet. So much stuff is available second hand, and it is fun to figure out how to make it work for you.

1 Like