Feeling so sad today

It’s a year later. He has become more withdrawn :frowning: He did not attend Thanksgiving this year, as he did last year, and he also did not join me and my brother, his wife, my daughter and her twin toddlers for my birthday dinner. I am still so sad, and I just don’t know when it will end. I am on effexor now, but it doesn’t help much.

3 Likes

As my big ol sister from the south would say, “0h sweetie, it’s going to be alright.” I truly know how you feel. We take it a day at a time and you would not be human if it didn’t hurt. We don’t know the future but what helps me is looking and helping those who have it worse.

We have to learn to celebrate the good days so we can show our children resilience. Doesn’t mean we have it every minute. Learn to do little things for yourself so you don’t get down. Try to live in the present.

My son asked me how I felt a while back. It was during a tumultuous time. I said "in this moment, everything is fine. He gave me a big hug so I know he got it. I don’t know if I will have another time like that and it breaks my heart to think I might not but we just don’t know the small gifts that might occur. I don’t want to block off my heart and miss them. I hope I don’t.

Our lives and their lives are different but no less important. God bless you and Merry Christmas!

3 Likes