HELLO! New to Forum - Need Support

My youngest brother has been in detox and rehab for almost a month now. He’s a little more lucid, but not much. He has NO memory of threatening to kill our sister or threatening to kill his girl friend. He has no memory of stealing our sisters car, drunk driving, crashing through our parent’s gate and trying to burn our parents house down.

To him… it’s all “US” we’re the ones doing this to him… we’re all “IN ON IT”
So he’s in a deep in anger phase. The docs are still trying to diagnose him because his needle is like a Richter scale during a Tsunami… just all over the board. His mental earthquake is off the chart. He’s still under court ordered treatment.

My sis and I haven’t seen him yet. Having been there… I know he will either be ashamed that we saw him like that or he’ll have NO idea we were even there in the first place.

My sis says she just doesn’t have the balls to see him just yet. She doesn’t want to see him completely wrecked out of his head. She saw me like that a few times before I was hospitalized, and it really hurt her.

So she knows where he is and that he’s safe and getting help. When he can stop screaming cuss words and climbing the walls, she’ll have the strength to see him then. Our parents have gone and seen him and they finally support our sisters decision on waiting until John is back in his head and more self-controlled. So we wait… and wait some more.