How people who have schizophrenia feel

I have never been depressed but when he feels moody I feel moody too. How come is no solution for that.

I feel dissociated from everyone around me. If I feel anything other than that itā€™s because Iā€™m manic.

I feel disconnected. I feel my life is meaningless. I feel love is sparse. I feel difficult to pass my life.

Are you a parent of a schizophrenic son? I am. Heā€™s 27 and I do like you, when I visit him (he lives with his father) I try to engage him in conversation, talk about things that I know will make him laugh, and we both enjoy listening to music, especially '70s classic rock. When I ask him if heā€™s happy, he always says ā€œyeah.ā€ He surely must be lonely! He stays home all the time, doesnā€™t even attend family functions. So Iā€™m wondering the same thing: How does he feel?? Because I know he tells me what I want to hear. And he is medicated, and it helps him.

I suffer. I have discomfort and my head constantly hurts. I have negative, intrusive thoughts.

I feel a bit lonely in the boyfriend department, but also I donā€™t have my close friends around. I read somewhere that people who fangirl a lot do so because they are lonely. Iā€™m okay with my fangirl status, but Iā€™d like to have a confidante. Iā€™m friends with my coworkers at least.

I am having a problem with my side effects. The Risperdal is causing TMJ. I think I might have arthritis. Iā€™m getting better at waking up at a decent hour. I had an almost glitch last night. Really, I feel okay most of the time.

I do dread watching the twins, because my sister can be evil and sheā€™s only 9 years old. I see a lot of Narcissism and some Bipolar/Borderline in her. I imagine future Thanksgivings being a me or her event if she doesnā€™t change her attitude.

One thing I donā€™t understand, is it always like this.
At first I thought itā€™s like being moody sometimes and it wasnā€™t important to me. How to be a friend, have normal relationship, how to act, pretend itā€™s all okay and ignore all negative things, wait and be nice all the time.

1 Like

almost the same thing here except the hallucinationsā€¦ i am starting zyprexa again so i should wait that it builds in my systemā€¦ emotional flatness is painfull for me, i am soo bored sometimes stillā€¦

I am definitely distanced & disconnected from my family, though. Ever since my sister ended her life, our family has sort of ā€œindividualizedā€. We dispersed in odd ways.

Since the seasons have changed, I am basically inside all day. I donā€™t do anything but listen to music and occasionally browse some things on the web. Iā€™m hibernating now, thatā€™s for sure.

1 Like

What music do you listen to?

I feel alone, worthless, then I get frustrated because Iā€™ve been on medication for the better part of my life, and am still affected by it. Then I also get irritated because I get tired of the noise in my head, and combine that when my parents come home and add external noise I get highly irritated sometimes.

I feel sad. Each day is a battle. And frustration. I canā€™t even type what I really feel. My thoughts donā€™t flow fluently.

Hungryā€¦

Ok well I have been on Abilify for 10 years at the highest dose. At first I freaked out when I was put on it because my emotions were rollercoaster waves that settled down into a consistence of apathetic dissonance and dysphoria at life and my situation. I sometimes feel high on it, because it boosts and lifts my mood but at the same time I am incapable of expressing alternative feelings and I cannot defend myself on it. It weakens my defenses so that I couldnā€™t say no and is why I was taken advantage of by many people. On one hand, Abilify would make me stuck and depressedā€“but unable to even feel depression or sorrow. It blocked me completely and so all I would do is have to consistently keep happy or I might fall into depression but that is how all anti psychotics make me feel only Abilify to a lesser degree than Seroquel etc.

Then I started smoking weed while I was battling this depression and numbness, and after that hard time I learned coping and got better. I think neuroleptics are unnatural.

I have not taken Abilify since my horrible psychiatrist appointment. Lately I have felt more emotions but they arenā€™t really bad, just unfiltered. I like the filter medicine gives me but I can get tired of it and feel its unnecessary if I am managing well and not symptomatic. I think it is better for me not to take it anymore. I have taken pills for so long and they just donā€™t help me enough. I hate being sick, but I donā€™t even know the definition of sick.

I feel delirious, almost always

OSTā€™s from video games I used to play. Occasionally some 80ā€™s New Wave stuff.

What is the solution, besides medication?

Iā€™ve heard of cognitive behavioral therapy, but havenā€™t tried it myself. As for what else works besides medication, I donā€™t know, I havenā€™t found anything that works better for me than medication. Even then with the meds I still have some symptoms. Schizophrenia is a life-long disease, with no known cureā€¦

Though I have to believe there is healthy ways to combat the disorderā€¦one would be eliminate as much stress from patients life as much as possible. I know with me stress triggers my symptoms and every time Iā€™ve had a breaking point I hit an all time high with stressā€¦first it was moving to another city, then changing from middle school to high school, then the last relapse I had was because escalating & unstable stress factors at my previous work place.

Then my symptoms started to peak again when my grandfather went into a nursing home after having a stroke, and things were building up for a while because my dad was in poor health and had to have surgery. When things started quieting down again my symptoms got less strong and less frequent.

I have been diagnosed with anxiety and major depression, and that is pretty much all I feel to different varying degrees. Then there is the hopelessness and despair. I sometimes feel hope that I will be able to get a job and provide for myself, but iā€™m afraid that I wonā€™t be able to. Iā€™m always worrying about something. I also feel a lot of apathy when I finally do get myself to do something.

It usually depends on how my day is going, but most of the time, Iā€™m either neutral or disconnected.