Family and Caregiver Schizophrenia Discussion Forum

I need a break…

I have 3 adult children and my husband with sz seems like my fourth. We have been married for 12 years and he has constantly screamed and yelled in anger. Well I can’t take it anymore. The only reason I ever got together with him was I was suffering from a lack of bonding with my son because of PPD, and my husband needed caregiving so I abnormally bonded to him. Now I have a growing loving relationship with my son that I have cultivated that is replacing the fake dysfunctional and abusive pseudorelationship I had with my husband.

Schizophrenia isn’t a good excuse for screaming all the time. I’m diagnosed with sz paranoid type and sza depressive type. I never yell at my kids or husband. I understand everyone has their own issues with their mental illness, but I don’t think you should have to suffer like that. Is he refusing meds and treatment?

He won’t call his psychiatrist when he clearly needs to be on more medication. Right now I’m too damaged to care. I’m just trying to set boundaries with him, meaning I’m not going to let him come over, and I have to pamper and do self care, and lick my wounds.

3 Likes

I agree with that. Set up boundaries and stick to them. He needs to talk to his pdoc

1 Like