I think my life is ruined

Hello Alexandra, I wish the best for you.
take care AnnieNorCal

5 Likes

Hello,
Thank you for your thoughts.
He is a very kind person, we never had such problems as this time. One of the reasons why he stopped the medicine is that we wanted a baby. But I never knew the situation will turn like this… I keep on thinking, maybe this was the price for the baby. How inițial diagnosis was anxiety disorder and depression, but he also had in the past 3 or 4 episodes. It is the first time I saw one… and I couldn’t understand what happened… I was so scared. He says now that he was very confused and lost his landmarks and that he find them in my belly. He is not 100% fine yet, but better…

My husband use to call me and break up with me, and then call back an hour later crying because we weren’t together anymore. Once when he was hospitalized, he would call me constantly telling me that we had to break up. One day he called me over 36 times, and I wasn’t even disagreeing with him (I didn’t want to upset him). When I finally turned off my phone, he called the neighbor to come see me with her phone so he could talk to me to break up with me. Psychosis makes no sense. Their feelings are hijacked, and go in every which way. The real him is the one from before the episode. Up and until he gets back to himself with the medication, don’t take anything he says personally, he doesn’t mean it.

2 Likes

This is what I have learned with my daughter and it was advice given to my brother when we were first aware of all that my daughter has been dealing with.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your thoughts. He is fine now, but not 100%. I think he can come home today. I spoke to the doctor, he says is only a psychotic break, no schizophrenia. He is on a lot of meds now… he asks me every day about the baby, yesterday touched my belly and said he can’t wait to find out if we will have a boy or a girl. I am still in shock really, I hope that we won’t have problems any more, because it was really hard for me, but if the baby sees something like that if will be really painful… :roll_eyes:

How are things going with you? Did he come home?