Interview with my daughter after Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT),,, Shock Therapy

You wont see this every day… Her opinion on the procedure: Last Shock treatment 2 days ago…

5 Likes

Thank you so much for this interview, Ashley. I’m so glad that you’re feeling better after this difficult therapy experience. This information is extremely helpful for us. You are a trooper and I imagine your dad is so proud of you. I would be.

My son has your same diagnosis, so I see first hand how difficult it makes your life. Bless you. I wish you the best. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ashley, Thanks for sharing your experiences with ECT. My ex husband has treatment resistant paranoid sz with depression. I wonder if it would help him, although I think he would be put off by the idea.
I learned from your interview that patients are put to sleep during the procedures. That must make it more tolerable.
I’m so glad you are having great results. Please keep us posted on how you are doing in coming weeks.
I think you are very brave! And that by taking aggressive treatment now, while you are young, you are setting yourself up for a bright future😎

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing this experience - we are all hoping for the best for you Ashley!

1 Like

It’s such a contrast with the videos you have posted. You must be as happy and relieved as she is.

All other vids are my wife, this is the only vid of my daughter…

Oh, OK. Anyway, she sounds great and very able to reflect on her experiences.

1 Like

At these amounts long term those drugs will cause severe liver and kidney damage. ECT may prolong her life and cause less debilitating side effects. After 40 years of antipsychotics, drug and alcohol abuse, my dad’s body won’t be able to hold on much longer.

The jaw hurts after because all of your facial muscles tense up so tightly during the procedure. It’s a natural reaction from the regions of the brain being stimulated. Her nurses/doc should be reassuring her before-hand. Otherwise it can be an obviously scary procedure. I’m sorry this has been such a struggle for her.

1 Like