Lost Job, Son w/ Schizophrenia - Suggestions?

I received an email from this person - thought I’d post it here to get people’s good suggestions on how to deal with his situation:

Hi, My son suffers from schizophrenia. I lost my job so and I am going through a lot at the moment.

My neighbours have been giving me a very hard time. They bring people to intimidate me and scare me, they have been bothering us a lot lately, I reported it to the police a couple of times but they didn’t stop.

My son starts to panic and its been I don’t know how long he doesn’t even sleep, neither can I. Can this situation worsen if they keep doing this to us?

I don’t know what to say. But I been there before.
Just keep thinking positive during the hardest time. Don’t give up.

“It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly.”
– Isaac Asimov, author

“The pro is the person who has all the hassles, obstacles, and disappointing frustrations that everyone else has. yet continues to persist, does the job, and makes it look easy.”-- David Cooper, Sales Trainer

sorry this is happening to you and your son.
if someone verbally threatens you…it is classed as assault in australia.
tell the police your circumstances,…if you are are scared for your life…or feel threatened.
the police by law have to do something about it.
you can have a restraining order…on your neighbours,
which entails them keeping a certain distance from you, not bothering you.
look up your rights…talk to a solicitor…
there are sites on the internet that talk about bad neighbours…and solutions.
i had neighbours who where bullies…i dealt with it myself…outside the law.
they became scared of me…
bullies are cowards…
know someone cares :heart:
take care :alien:

Keep a baseball bat by your door, and a padlock on your keychain.

Is your son on medication?
Check on the web for a local NAMI support group in your area. NAMI.org. They may be able to help, or refer you somewhere.
Hope your situation improves soon…