Memorial of a family member gone too soon

I do have a background info on KDKMAN’s Son but I am sorry about the loss.
May god bless his soul and he may rest in peace.

One year ago today, we lost a Houston area Peer to Peer instructor who had been an inspiration to many people suffering from severe mental illnesses.

His name was Nick, he was one of the success stories we hear about it. He had been on Clozapine for 8 years and was getting to the point of getting ready to move in with one of his many friends he had made through his Peer to Peer work. His mom did an awesome job of helping him every step of the way. He never could have had such success battling scz without his mom.

Nick had become so skilled in handing his scz that he flew across the country to spend a vacation camping with his brother. Sadly, he drowned on that trip one year ago today.

Nick loved the last year of his life, he had come to terms that some things were not going to come back. He embraced his strengths and kept pushing himself. He loved having friends again.

5 Likes

Please know we all feel for her loss.

I will, it means a good deal to her that he not be forgotten, thank you.

My deepest sympathies go to that family. It is a fear all of us with family members with Schizophrenia live with and we have seen many young people succumb to the illness. My prayers are with them and also with all of us who struggle with the illness win their own family member. Donna1

2 Likes