My granddaughter needs help

Hi my name is Elizabeth and I have raised my granddaughter Asher since birth and when she was young she was diagnosed with ADHD AND BIPOLAR Disorder and also has social anxiety disorder and clinical depression and now has Schizophrenia and when she was younger she was on SSI AND MEDICADE when she turned 18.they STOPPED EVERYTHING and I have been trying to get everything back for the past 4 years now.She was in the hospital in October because she tried to kill herself because of the VOICES SHE HEARS and was put on meds that really didn’t help because 2 nights ago we had to have her hospitalized again because she snapped and trying to kill me .PLEASE WE NEED HELP TO GET HER BACK ON SSI AND MEDIADE ty.my email address is carolinamom1953@gmail.com.thank you ,

1 Like

It matters what state your in. I’m in Iowa and my daughter was given medicaid/Iowa tatal care on her first of many visits this year. The hospital actually set it up for her since she didn’t have any medical. After several visits to the hospital 7 in 4 months. She was put in a step down unit from the hospital (all set up by the hospital) but I did have to have her court committed by the 3rd visit. She is still in the group home and they got her on SSI in 6 weeks. Just got it a couple of days ago. She also has SZ. Being in a group home has allowed her to get stabilized on meds before releasing her.

Sorry, I have heard of people having to get lawyers to get SSI. You could check that out in your state. Make sure to keep all your papers from when you first signed up because they use to pay, back pay from when you first applied I don’t know if they still do or not.

Ty so very much for getting back to me

Wow I’m glad that they helped you and your daughter I’ll look into that here ty so very much

Hi everyone sorry I have not been here but a lot has happened in the year past.well to start with one night when Asher was in full on manic mode from being off her meds she went ballistic on me she was beating me up straggling me bashing my head on the kitchen floor she was so strong I had all to do to get her off me and I ran outside to my husband’s man cave and woke him up screaming she is trying to kill me let me in and he did and locked the door.she came out and was banging on the door and talking in a voice we never heard .her eyes were black and she had this demer about her that was scary.we called for an ambulance for me and one for her and the police came.because of the voices that told her to do those things to me.they took her and admitted her for a month.put back on meds that don’t help .she still gets in that way and now destroys thing’s ,she has smashed 7 mirrors and now put’s hole’s big one’s in her bedroom walls and we rent.Also at the end of November the 18th to be exactly my husband was taken to the hospital for having trouble breathing but the night before I found him passed out in the rain outside of his man cave he had a heart attack and we didn’t know that .but things got worse Asher also was back in the hospital so I was all alone with 5 dog’s and cats to take care of in the cold.and it did get cold .to add to my sadness and stress the landlord shut off my electric because of a feuid we were having because she sent me a text message to vacant her house in the middle of winter while my husband was dieing come to find out he had to have surgery he had a triple heart bypass and a pacemaker put in .he and asher were both in the hospital until January 3rd of this year.while he was recovering I was packing up the house and his man cave and taking care of the pet’s.when he and asher both got released the same day we went home and within a week we had to move but my husband couldn’t do anything to help me but I got things done and we are now in a better place as far Asher she is still having her out burst and has pur so many holes in the wall’s I’m trying to fix it when she is not in her room.I can’t afford to get her to a doctor for help I’m still trying to get help to get her SSI AND medical insurance back her meds are very expensive for me even though I have the good RX gold card for her.but she needs better meds .ty for letting me vent :cry::cry:

1 Like

Oh man- carolinamom- I am so sorry to hear what you have been going through. Have you called social services in the county where you live? If they don’t help you can call the NAMI warmline in your area or attend a support meeting to try to get a referral to a disability lawyer. I don’t think lawyers will charge a fee unless your claim is won.
Once your daughter is on medicaid you can find her a psychiatrist and tell them what has been going on. I hope that you can get some help soon- this is too much to handle alone!

1 Like

Are you in North Carolina?

Sorry I didn’t get back to you but a lot has happened since I posted this.no one can help us.im 70 now and my husband is 63 he had a triple bypass surgery last year and has a pasemaker in.now he has been diagnosed with stage 3 Lung cancer and Asher is still going ballistic on us.we have called the police several times and they can’t do anything for us .

1 Like

NO south Carolina Anderson