My son is successful with Invega Sustena in the sense that it helps his paranoia. But the weight gain part is concerning. Is there a second med you can add

My son is successful with Invega Sustena in the sense that it helps his paranoia. But the weight gain part is concerning. Is there a second med you can add to lessen the weight gain part? Has anyone tried this?
Pat in Olympia, WA

My daughter has personal experience from going from a size 5 to a size 12 and being constantly upset about it. However, this year (her 3rd on the medicine) going to the gym and learning not to eat so much junk food is helping her. I would NOT change her successful medication (Haldol) over weight gain, nor would her psychiatrist. She poutingly went along with staying on the Haldol injection.

She used to eat so much junk food and not gain any weight at all (pre meds). The medicine changed all that. It took me 3 years to get her to start cutting out eating soooooooo much carbs. And to go to the gym at least once per week.

My doctor prescribed something called Metformin. It didn’t work for me, but it must work for some or he wouldn’t be prescribing it.

My husband was given the same drug used to regulate blood sugar to help prevent weight gain. I didn’tsee a difference in his labs or any evidence he was losing as opposed to gaining.