My son just called me and wants to come home!

Welcome him home with open arms.

Im 38 and have always have lived with my parents. Im not one bit stigmatised by it. I actually look down on people who think theyre all mature because they’ve moved away from home at 21 and apy their own bills.

He certainly is, well to be honest, a pain in the butt! :hearts:

His case worker at the hospital called me… They have been waiting to hear from me on when I’m coming. I explained to her what the situation is and that until my son makes the decision that he wants to be with me, rules and all then I’ve been a bit stuck on what to do. She got him and all three of us talked. So I guess I’m back on for trying to figure all this out.

He said that if he doesn’t follow the rules I can just kick him out… lol and do all this all over again… not! He did seem to understand why I’m insisting on doing it this way which is a good thing at least for now.

I know one thing, once I get all this organized and get out there I just may crush him when I hug him :wink:

Aww, sounds like it’s finally going to work out. Glad to hear the Invega is doing him some good. I think I have said this before but although I saw immediate results with my son, it took 2-3 months for full effects. Longer than I anticipated.

I know you’re going to love that big 'ole hug :two_hearts:

Progress is not a linear process, it zigs, it zags. The fact he has enough insight to consider you have his best interests at heart with your rules IS something that shows progress!!! He knows it’s going to cause him discomfort, change, structure, doing things that are hard are going to be distressing. But if he can even begin to understand that immediate discomfort can yield better long terms results in his well being-that is just HUGE in my opinion. Lots of room for hope there. Once we start to “know” something, it because harder to “unknow” it, even through the fog is psychosis that knowledge can peek through.

i wish you were my mum growing up, my mum never really understood what was happening, idk the dynamics of how things worked in our family tbh it was very strange, mum was deaf/blind, dad was an alcoholic and i was a schizophrenic, family nightmare from hell i hear you say lol, idk how we managed but we did, it was hard though and my dad kind of held everything together, i always said he was the glue holding us all together but now its like my sister is and i am trying to help too.